SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety and S7 PLCSIM Advanced
Safety Engineering the integrated way
The TIA Portal makes the integration of safety technology into your automation solution easier and more efficient than ever before. All configuration and programming tools required for the realization of a fail-safe program are integrated into the SIMATIC STEP 7 user interface and use a common project structure. And when employing S7 PLCSIM Advanced you can even simulate your safety solution based on a S7-1500 PLC without any hardware.
Become a safety hero
The safety guide for optimum machine safety
Machine safety is a complex issue. Technical measures for machine safety make a significant contribution. Standardization recommends implementing a structured process.
But what exactly might a well-structured process look like?
We will show you what aspects are important, what is entailed and how you can plan and implement such a process in an efficient manner.
Programming a fail-safe controller
Using the SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety Basic or STEP 7 Safety Advanced option, you can exploit all the advantages of the TIA Portal for your fail-safe automation as well.
- Intuitive operation and the same operating concept as for the generation of standard programs permit a quick entry into the generation of fail-safe programs
- The same configuration of the F-system as for the standard automation system
- Ready-to-start: F-runtime group is set up automatically on insertion of the F-CPU
Creation of the safety program in the FBD or LAD programming languages
- Easy implementation of functions such as muting or safety door monitoring with a library of pre-written communication blocks approved by the German Technical Inspectorate (TÜV)
- Implementation of distributed structures: Safe communication between remote controllers can be conveniently implemented with blocks
In connection with special signatures for the device parameters, the library concept supports in-house standardization and simplifies the validation of safety-oriented applications
The Safety Administration Editor provides central support for the administration, display and modification of safety related parameters
Standardized and integrated identification of safety-related resources simplify the overview.
STEP 7 Safety is the seamless integration of safety into the TIA Portal.
Safety-oriented programs can, however, still be generated using STEP 7 and Distributed Safety. Programs created with STEP 7 Distributed Safety can be migrated into the TIA Portal at any time. Both engineering tools offer commands, operations and blocks for safety-related programs in the LAD and FBD languages. To this end, there is a library with pre-prepared, TÜV accepted blocks for safety-related functions. You do not need additional engineering expertise, because the programming is done in the familiar STEP 7 environment.
- You need a fully licensed STEP 7 Basic or Professional installion to add the STEP 7 Safety option to it
- The engineering software can be installed on as many computers as you like. The number of licenses determines the number of computers the software can be used on at one time. (Floating License)
- STEP 7 Safety Basic is a subset of STEP 7 Safety Advanced for programming the failsafe Basic Controllers S7-1200 F.
A STEP 7 Safety Basic license can be upgraded to STEP 7 Safety Advanced via Powerpacks.
- Combo licenses allow programming with the predecessor software S7 Distributed Safety as well as with STEP 7 Safety Advanced
- There is an offer to upgrade to a combo license for the latest version of S7 Distributed Safety
- You can order Software Update Service contracts for STEP 7 Safety Basic as well as STEP 7 Safety Advanced
Simulating a fail-safe controller
PLCSIM Advanced allows comprehensive simulation of functions during configuration and engineering with STEP 7 (TIA Portal) without the need of physically connection to the S7-1500 / ET 200SP Hardware
It supports generating virtual controllers for simulating S7-1500 and ET 200SP Controllers to test their function.
The realistic testing procedures of the STEP 7 TIA Portal option allow early fault detection as well as fast validation of functions.
It is also possible to train operator staff as you can connect an HMI device or an HMI simulation to the virtual controller.
The direct way to your SIMATIC Safety Integrated contact
You have questions concerning our SIMATIC Safety Integrated systems? You want to discuss your specific challenges with us or are looking for the right project partner? Contact our regional offices – we are looking forward to hearing from you!