Shougang Jingtang United Iron & Steel Co., Ltd
The Shougang Jingtang United Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. with an annual steel output of about 10 million tons of iron and steel is located in the Caofeidian Industrial Zone of Tangshan City, Hebei Province.
For the two 5500 m3 blast furnaces a blower station is necessarily set up. Three axial-flow BF blowers (two in operation and one stands by) are installed inside the blower station. The maximum air volume of the blowers is 10000 Nm3/min and the air pressure at outlets is 0.65 MPa(a). Three 60MW High Voltage motors, the largest ever installed in China, are provided from Siemens Large Drives to drive the giant blowers.
Higher efficiency and less maintenance. And an optimum plant availability. We save a lot of OPEX costs for the blast furnace blower.Zhang Cheng Jun, Director of Equipment Department at Shougang Jingtang United Iron & Steel Co., Ltd.
Maximum performance and significant cost savings at the Blast Furnace Blowers.
Main Benefits for Shougang Jingtang
- Outstanding Performance: largest electrical motors ever installed in China
- Cost Saving (CAPEX): no separate gears necessary, as they are 2-pole motors
- Cost Savings (OPEX): higher energy efficiency and maximum plant availability
- Successful start up rate of more than 99% and within 1-2 minutes
Scope of Supply:
- 11 synchronous motors (including 3 sets 60 MW syn. Motors with Excitation Panels, which are the largest electrical motors running in China)
- 6 sets of LCI’s (Load Commutated Inverters), including 2 sets of 14.5 MW SINAMICS GL150 starting converters) for the blast furnaces, air separation units and sinter plants
- Matching Transformers
- 1 set of Medium Voltage Switchgears