The specific converter for the oil & gas, chemical and process industries
SINAMICS G180 Chassis and Cabinet Units
SINAMICS G180 are compact devices, cabinet systems and cabinet units (air and liquid cooled) for variable-speed drives in plant and machinery construction; which have been specifically designed for applications in oil and gas, the chemical and process industries. They have been specially developed to address the requirements of drives with square law and constant load characteristics.
Communication via conventional terminal strip with freely programmable digital and analog inputs/outputs.
- SINAMICS G180 are designed for operation with SIMOTICS XP explosion-proof motors and optimized for Ex ec, Ex eb and Ex db types of protection.
- High level of protection for personnel and equipment is provided through protective separation of the safety extra-low voltage in accordance with IEC/EN 61800‑5‑1 at the analog and digital control inputs and outputs of the power unit.
- Two control modes for induction motors: Space vector control for standard applications (without feedback) and field-orientated control to address dynamic requirements.
SINAMICS G180 - Benefits and typical applications
- System losses are reduced as a result of the optimized clock cycle frequency
- The "random pattern" function significantly reduces motor noise
- Short, straightforward commissioning and parameterization using the IMS (Inverter Management Software) commissioning tool
- All devices have a specific connection area
- The integrated du/dt filter allows long motor cables to be used
- Wide input voltage range
- Devices with 500 V and 690 V rated voltage are suitable for operation on ungrounded line supplies (IT line systems)
- ATEX-certified for motors in hazardous zones