The modular multifunctional frequency converter
The SINAMICS G120 is a modular frequency converter for the most diverse drive tasks. The modular structure of the components and the wide power range from 0.55 to 250 kW ensure that you are always able to assemble the ideal converter for your individual applications and industry branche. This series of converters is available in three voltage variants for connection to 200 V, 400 V and 690 V networks. In addition, the SINAMICS G120 features a comprehensive machine safety package. SINAMICS Startdrive is used for commissioning the safety functions.
The modular SINAMICS G120 converter system comprises the Power Module, the Control Unit, and an optional operator panelThe Control Unit controls and monitors the Power Module and the connected motor using multiple selectable closed-loop control types. It supports communication with a local or central controller and monitoring devices. The Power Module supplies the motor in a power range from 0.37 kW to 250 kW. It features state-of-the-art IGBT technology with pulse width modulation for extremely reliable and flexible motor operation. Comprehensive protection functions provide a high level of protection for the Power Module and the motor.
Siemens offers a wide range of Power Modules for the most diverse drive requirements.
The ideal Power Module for requirements with regenerative feedback. This means that any braking energy is directly fed back into the supply system (four-quadrant applications – a braking chopper is not required).
The PM250 Power Module is available for the following voltage and power ranges:
- 380 V - 480 V 3 AC ±10% 7.5 kW to 90 kW
PM240-2 Power Modules have a braking chopper (four quadrant applications) and they dissipate the majority of the heat loss outside the control cabinet. The PM240-2 Push Through Power Modules are available in the six frame sizes FSA-FSF.
The PM240-2 Push Through Power Module is available for the following voltage and power ranges:
- 200 V ... 240 V 3 AC, 0.75 kW, 2.2 kW, 4 kW, 18.5 kW, 30 kW, 55 kW
- 380 V ... 480 V 3 AC, 3 kW, 7.5 kW, 15 kW, 37 kW, 55 kW, 132 kW
The ideal Power Module for standard applications in mechanical engineering. PM240-2 Power Modules have a braking chopper (four-quadrant applications) and are suitable for a large number of applications in general mechanical engineering.
The PM240-2 Power Module is available for the following voltage and power ranges:
- 200 V ... 240 V 1 AC/3 AC 0.55 kW ... 4.0 kW
- 200 V ... 240 V 3 AC 5.5 kW ... 55 kW
- 380 V ... 480 V 3 AC 0.55 kW ... 250 kW
- 500 V ... 690 V 3 AC 11 kW ... 250 kW
The motor is controlled according to various control methods by the Control Unit. In addition to control functions, the Control Unit can also perform other tasks which can be adapted to the relevant application by parameterization. Several Control Units are available for the SINAMICS G120 with different features.
Optional operator panels
With the SINAMICS accessories, you increase the operation and control capabilities of your SINAMICS frequency converters even more.
Web-based operator panel with wireless client connection
Mobile commissioning, diagnostics, service
With the SINAMICS Smart Access Module, you can wirelessly connect your mobile devices (smartphone, tablet, laptop) via WiFi to the SINAMICS G120 converter series. This gives you a powerful tool with numerous functions for wireless commissioning, diagnostics, and service. The module is set up in just a few steps. No installation or downloading of additional software required due to the web server function. A standard web browser and a commercially available operating system are all you need. The user interface of the SINAMICS Smart Access Module is simple and intuitive in its configuration and use.
The SINAMICS Smart Access Module is available as an additional option for the SINAMICS frequency converter series G120, G120C, G120X and G115D.
- Quick commissioning – mobile and clever
- Motor test – setting and changing the motor speed
- Simple maintenance and diagnostics
- All parameters and settings at a glance
- Storing and sharing of converter data
Intelligent operator panel for direct connection to the converter
Local operation, monitoring, setup, diagnostics, service
The flat IOP-2 Intelligent Operator Panel allows fast local setup, fault diagnostics, and intuitive operation of SINAMICS G frequency converter series and simplifies the adjustment of settings during operation. The intuitive central multifunctional sensor control panel supports users with selectable settings.
There are three methods of using the IOP-2: Directly plugging it into the control unit of the converter, mounting in the door for operation outside the control cabinet, and as an IOP handheld unit for wired operation in difficult-to-access locations.
The IOP-2 is available as an additional option for the SINAMICS frequency converter series G120, G120X, G120XA, G120P, G120C, G120D, G110M and SIMATIC ET 200pro FC-2
- High-contrast color display with a range of display options
- Fast series commissioning of the frequency converters
- Simple configuration of an Ethernet-based fieldbus interface
- Fast access to product information about the current drive system
- Direct contact with Customer Support via the SIEMENS Industry Online Support App
- Simple connection to mobile devices (e.g. smartphones, tablets) via two-dimensional code (data matrix or QR code)
Basic operator panel for direct connection to the converter
Local operation, monitoring, commissioning, diagnostics
The menu-based operation and 2-line display of the BOP-2 Basic Operator Panel facilitate local commissioning of the SINAMICS G120 converter series. Simultaneous display of the parameter and parameter value, as well as parameter filtering, means that commissioning of a drive can be performed easily and, in most cases, without a printed parameter list.
The BOP-2 is available as an additional option for the SINAMICS G120C converter series.
- Direct local operation of the drive
- Simple switchover between automatic and manual operation
- Standard commissioning using the clone function
- 2-line display for showing up to 2 process values with text
- Diagnostics with menu prompting with 7-segment display
- Door mounting kit, can be mounted in the control cabinet door (achievable degree of protection is IP54/UL Type 12)
In order to meet as many customer requirements as possible in the field of drive technology, in addition to its own products, Siemens also relies on the individual and supplementary services of selected partners (e.g. output reactors, sine-wave filters, line filters/line reactors, braking resistors).