Single-stage Radial Compressors
Siemens offers a comprehensive range of single-stage turbo-compressors for applications in the metallurgical, oil and gas and chemical industries. These single-stage radial compressors are offered in a variety of designs. They can be configured with separate or integrated gearboxes, or as directly driven units. This allows to perfectly match the compressor with a wide range of prime movers including steam turbines and electric motors to meet customer preferences and specific site conditions.
- High flow, high efficiency impeller technology
- High-speed balancing ensures long time uninterrupted operation
- Hirth-serration connection between impeller and shaft eliminates the need for re-balancing after rotor disassembly
- Horizontal split gearbox casing enables easy access in case of maintenance (where applicable)
- Compact design option for steam turbine driven units (direct drive)
- Compliance with API standards where required
- Volume flow rates: 1,500 to 200,000 m³/h
- Discharge pressure: up to 60 bar (100bar)
- Power requirements: up to 25 MW
- Driver options: electric motor, steam turbine
Single Stage Centrifugal CompressorOur single stage centrifugal compressor is the perfect fit for atmospheric air compression at low pressure ratios. It covers a large flow range from small to very high volumes of up to 1.000.000 m3/h. This compressor uses well proven components from our integral geared compressor line and is designed in accordance with API 617. State-of-the-art aerodynamic parts allow a compact, single stage design. If necessary, an external gear box is used to match the driver speed. This modular design offers the advantage of an unchanged compressor design irrespective whether the machine is driven by a steam turbine, gas turbine or electric motor.
Our single stage overhung compressor boasts a simple and robust design with well referenced components, smaller dimensions and less weight at the highest efficiency level, and low maintenance requirements.
In case of higher pressure ratio requirements, the configuration comprises two single stage overhung machines driven by a double-ended steam turbine drive between the compressors.
- Large flow range
- Simple, robust design in accordance with API 617
- High efficiency
- Highest reliability due to well referenced components
- Low service intensity
- Easy maintenance
- Small dimensions
- Low weights
- Low spare part costs
- Volume flow rates up to 1,000,000 m³/h / 590,000 cfm
- Pressure ratio up to ~3 (up to ~6.5 in case of 2 units)
- Suitable for electric motor, steam turbine or gas turbine drive
Can't find what you're looking for? Try our Product and Solution Finder!
Our product and solution finder can help you determine which offerings in our portfolio are best suited to your application needs. The tool allows you to access both Siemens and Dresser-Rand information.