Power meter device
The SICAM P850 multifunctional measuring device is used for acquisition, visualization, evaluation and transmission of electrical measured variables such as alternating current, alternating voltage, frequency, power, harmonics etc.
Features & functionsThe measured variables can be output to a PC or system control via communication interfaces or shown on a display. In addition to the monitoring function, the SICAM P850 all-in-one device provides a recording function: measured values can be recorded in parameterizable time intervals with measurement and fault recorders.
The SICAM P850 device is used in single-phase as well as in three-wire and four-wire systems (with neutral conductor). The device is applied wherever comprehensive measurement of supply quality is necessary - at power utilities as well as in industry and trade sectors.
Ensuring power quality in a phase of energy transition
Increasing power feed-in from renewable resources poses new challenges for municipalities and distribution system operators.
The stable supply of electric power is any grid operator’s top priority. To avoid fluctuations in power quality and prevent disturbances, grid monitoring, control, and automation systems need to be adapted and optimized across all voltage levels.
Maintaining control of distributed power producers
Ensuring grid stability is becoming increasingly complex.
The vast number of small distributed power producers calls for new strategies to ensure consistent power quality. Identifying, locating, and eliminating disturbances and faults as well as the flexible, quick balancing of power production and load consumption require integrated hardware and software solutions that work smoothly together.
More data, increased transparency
Modern electrical grid components deliver, process, and analyze data.
One consequence of digitalizing power grids is the steadily growing volume of captured data. These vast quantities of data harbor valuable information that describes the state of the grid, enables advanced computational analysis of changes, and can improve the performance and extend the service life of assets. The hardware and software from Siemens needed for this fulfills all the requirements.
Efficient grid expansion
A combination of robust technology and digital innovations leads to increased efficiency.
Maintaining or even increasing grid performance is becoming ever more challenging. With growing efforts, expenses grow as well. Innovative technologies and smart data usage can help municipalities and DSOs to master these challenges and to increase their competitiveness.
Input measuring circuits
- 4x alternating voltage, 3x alternating current (max. 10A)
- True RMS alternating voltage and alternating current
- Power frequency, active, reactive and apparent power, power factor and active power factor, phase angle
- Alternating voltage and alternating current unbalance
- Alternating voltage and alternating current harmonic up to the 40th order
- THD (total harmonic distortion) of alternating voltage and alternating current
Communication interfaces and protocols
- Ethernet: MODBUS TCP, IEC 61850 Edition 2
- Serial: Modbus RTU, IEC 60870-5-103
Operation and display
- Full graphic display including operation via 4 function keys
- 4 LEDs for state and system messages
- Integrated web server to interact with PC via HTML pages
- Via Ethernet: SNTP client (Simple Network Time Protocol)
- Via fieldbus
- Internal Real Rime Clock (RTC)
- DC 24 - 250 V
- AC 110 - 230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Plastic housing for DIN rail mounting, optional panel mounting, protection class max. IP51
- Dimensions: 96 x 96 x 100 mm (W / H / D)
- Measured value acquisition according to the IEC 61000-4-30 power quality measurement standard
- Mean value and fault recorder functionality
- Memory capacity of 2 GB for storage of the recorder data
- Comprehensive acquisition of relevant network parameters
- Easy operation via integrated web server for parameterization, diagnosis, evaluation and reporting
- Manufacturer-independent, comparable measured values obtained by using the IEC 61000-4-30 standard measurement methods
- Interoperability is guaranteed by using standard interfaces and standard protocols (IEC 61850, Modbus, IEC 60870-5-103)