Power quality instrument
The SICAM P855 multifunctional device is used to collect, display and transmit measured electrical variables such as AC current, AC voltage, power types, harmonics, etc. The measurands and events are collected and processed according to the Power Quality Standard IEC 61000-4-30. The communications interfaces can be used to output the measurands to a PC and the control center or display them on a display. In addition to the monitoring function, the SICAM P855 all-in-one device also provides a combined recording and evaluation function. It can record measurands at programmable time intervals, using a wide range of recorders, such as power quality and fault recorders. Long-term data and events are evaluated directly in the device according to the power quality standards (such as EN 50160) and output as reports.
Power quality - supply quality
Quality is generally regarded as an important aspect of any power supply. Insufficient power supply quality has a negative impact on operational processes and operational safety of consumers connected to the network and can entail serious consequences, ultimately resulting in increased costs for the user and supply utility.
The EN 50160 power quality standard describes the main voltage characteristics at customer's supply terminals in public low, medium and high-voltage systems. Comprehensive acquisition and documentation of parameters relevant to the supply quality is a necessary step required to identify possible weak points and initiate appropriate measures to eliminate them.
The SICAM P855 device is used in single-phase as well as in three-wire and four-wire systems (with neutral conductor). The device is applied wherever comprehensive measurement of supply quality is necessary - at power utilities as well as in industry and trade sectors.
Input measuring circuits
- 4x alternating voltage, 3x alternating current (max. 10A)
- True RMS alternating voltage and alternating current
- Power frequency, active, reactive and apparent power, power factor and active power factor, phase angle
- Alternating voltage and alternating current unbalance
- Alternating voltage and alternating current harmonic up to the 40th order
- THD (total harmonic distortion) of alternating voltage and alternating current
Communication interfaces and protocols
- Ethernet: MODBUS TCP, IEC 61850 Edition 2
- Serial: Modbus RTU, IEC 60870-5-103
Operation and display
- Full graphic display including operation via 4 function keys
- 4 LEDs for state and system messages
- Integrated web server to interact with PC via HTML pages
- Via Ethernet: SNTP client (Simple Network Time Protocol)
- Via fieldbus
- Internal Real Rime Clock (RTC)
- DC 24 - 250 V
- AC 110 - 230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Plastic housing for DIN rail mounting, optional panel mounting, protection class max. IP51
- Dimensions: 96 x 96 x 100 mm (W / H / D)
- Measured value acquisition according to the IEC 61000-4-30 power quality measurement standard including flicker
- Automatic PQ reporting according to EN 50160
- Mean value, event and fault recorder functionality
- Data export in the PQDIF and COMTRADE format
- Memory capacity of 2 GB for storage of the recorder data
- Evaluation of events directly in HTML via the integrated web server
- Comprehensive acquisition of relevant network parameters for early identification of supply quality problems
- PQ reporting according to EN 50160
- Easy operation via integrated web server for parameterization, diagnosis, evaluation and reporting
- Manufacturer-independent, comparable measured values obtained by using the IEC 61000-4-30 standard measurement methods
- Interoperability is guaranteed by using standard interfaces and standard protocols (IEC 61850, Modbus, IEC 60870-5-103) and standard data (PQDiff, Comtrade).