SICAM T is a digital measurement transducer that allows the measuring of electrical quantities in electrical networks in a single unit. In industries, power plants and substations, transducers are especially used for measurand (e.g. current, voltage, power, phase angle, energy or frequency) assignment into further processing through analog outputs or communication interface for precise control, notification or visualization tasks.
Design: Compact and robust for flexible application in industrial and utility environments
Connections in 1-phase systems, in 3-wire and 4-wire systems
Applications: Flexible for power utilities, industrial and commercial sector applications
Measurements: up to 60 measured or calculated values available
Temperature range: -25 °C to +55 °C/-13 °F to 131 °F
Uncertainty: typically 0.1 % for voltage and current at rated input IEC 60688, and 0.2 s acc. to IEC 62053-21
High EMC immunity: according to standards EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-4 for the EMC directives, and with the standard EN 61010-1 for the low-voltage directive
UL Certfication: This product is UL-certified to standard UL 61010-1.
Flexible current measurement range (up to 2 × In))
4 fast analog outputs (reaction approx. 120 ms at 50 Hz and 100 ms at 60 Hz) for reliable control
2 individual binary outputs for fast switching, indications (e.g., limit violation) and operation status monitoring
4 LEDs for local status visualization
Ethernet communications via IEC 61850 and MODBUS TCP and serial interface via MODBUS RTU or IEC 60870-5-103
Internal battery for real time clock and saving of energy counter values in case of a power outage
User-friendly operation through Web server (no extra software for parameterization needed, no converters and extra cables)
Real time clock (RTC), field bus synchronization or network synchronization possible via NTP.
- Top-hat rail mounted device
- Plastic case 96 mm × 96 mm × 100 mm / 3.78 in. x 3.78 in. x 3.94 in. (W × H × D)
- Degree of protection IP20
Input and output circuits
- 4 inputs for alternating voltage measurements
- 3 inputs for alternating current measurements up to 10 A continuous
- 4 optional DC analog outputs freely configurable:
- Direct currents: 0 mA to 20 mA, 4 mA to 20 mA and -20 mA to 20 mA
- Direct voltages: 0 V to 10 V and -10 V to 10 V
- Individually programmable binary outputs
- Automatically monitor the functions of its hardware, software, and firmware components
- Ethernet: IEC 61850 or MODBUS TCP communication protocol
- Optional serial RS485 interface that enables the device to communicate via the MODBUS RTU or the IEC 60870-5-103 communication protocol
The following measurands can be recorded or calculated from the measured quantities:
- TRMS (True RMS) for alternating voltage and current
- Active, reactive and apparent power
- Active, reactive and apparent energy
- Power frequency
- Phase angle
- Power factor and active power factor
- Voltage and current unbalance
- Mean value of the 3 phase voltages: Vavg
- Mean value of the 3 phase currents: Iavg.
For a common time basis when communicating with peripheral devices and time stamping of the process data.
- External time synchronization via Ethernet NTP
- External time synchronization via field bus using the MODBUS RTU or the IEC 60870-5-103 communication protocol
- Internal time synchronization via RTC (if external time synchronization is not available)
Response time for analog and binary outputs
The faster response time of the analog and binary output is a very important feature of SICAM T that enables a reliable reaction of the controlling applications. The response time of the device is 120 ms at 50 Hz and 100 ms at 60 Hz.
Conversion and integration of measurands into substation automation, protection or SCADA process via RTU and/or via protocols IEC 61850 (for 7KG9662 variant), MODBUS TCP, IEC 60870-5-103 for further control and/or monitoring tasks
Monitoring of lower voltage levels and heavy load control, e.g. air conditioning and motors
Depending on the device type, the input circuits for voltage measurement are either designed as voltage dividers or they are galvanically isolated. Devices with galvanic isolation can be used without voltage transformers in the power systems IT, TT and TN. Devices with a voltage divider can also be used in these power systems; for IT power systems, however, an upstream voltage transformer is required.