DIGSI 5 is the versatile engineering tool for parameterization, commissioning and operating all SIPROTEC 5 devices. Its innovative user interface includes context-sensitive user instructions. Simple connection to the device via USB enables you to work with a device easily and efficiently. The full capabilities of DIGSI 5 are revealed when you connect it to a network of protection devices: Then you can work with all of the devices in a substation in one project. DIGSI 5 offers superior usability and is optimized for your work processes. Only the information you actually need to carry out your tasks is shown. These can be reduced further using expanded filter mechanisms. The consistent use of sophisticated, uniform mechanisms in the user interfaces requires less training. For the system engineering of DIGSI 5 parameterized devices the IEC 61850 system configurator is used. The IEC 61850 system configurator is used for the system integration of DIGSI 4 devices. The IEC 61850 system configurator is the manufacturer-neutral solution for the interoperable engineering of IEC 61850 products and systems. The tool supports the SCL (substation configuration description language) configuration files from the IEC 61850-6 through import or export of all formats (ICD/IID/CID/SCD/SSD/SED). Thus, IEC 61850 devices can be added and a complete IEC 61850 station is available for the substation automation Technology.
With a PC or a notebook, you can parameterize the devices via the interfaces and export and visualize the fault data. DIGSI 5 comes in different variants (Compact, Standard, and Premium) that provide different functionalities:
- The Single-Line Editor allows you to define a substation and the primary equipment graphically. Connect those elements to the protection functions of your protection devices.
- The graphic display of the SIPROTEC devices can be designed and edited with the Display Editor as well as with a graphics program. Take your single-line diagram and convert it into a display picture. You can define your own symbols as well.
- You can configure additional functions like interlocking of the devices graphically with the CFC Editor.
- Graphic display with resolution of 1024×768 (1280×1024 recommended)
- The Siemens IEC 61850 System Configurator allows you to configure and parameterize IEC 61850 stations. With this tool you to manage subnets, network communicators, and their IP addresses and connect the information items of different communicators.
- DIGSI 5 Test Suite provides a rich set of test tools that speeds up your commissioning phase and supports you during operations. One of the test features is the possibility to create and execute test sequences to issue device tests without external test equipment.
- SIGRA for analyzing fault records, for example those recorded by fault recorders when there are faults in power plants, in a simple, rapid, and convenient manner.
Languages: English, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Czech, Polish and Russian.
DIGSI 5 is available in three function packages:
DIGSI 5 Compact:
Software for configuration and use of individual SIPROTEC 5 protection devices manufactured by Siemens and reading out process data from SIPROTEC 5 devices (projects are limited to a single device).
DIGSI 5 Standard:
As for DIGSI 5 Compact, but without constraint as to the number of SIPROTEC 5 devices supported per project, including system configurator for IEC 61850.
The editors for function charts (CFC), graphic single line and device configuration are also included. SIGRA for professional fault record analysis is available as an option.
DIGSI 5 Premium:
As for DIGSI 5 Standard, but with integrated test and startup functionality, including the option to create test sequences and run them in the protection device without external test equipment.
IEC 61850 also supports flexible engineering and functional naming.
- Intel® Celeron® Dual Core 2,2 GHz (Ivy/Sandy Bridge)
- 5 GB free disk space on the hard disk (Solid State Disk (SSD) recommended)
- 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- Graphic display HD ready 1280 x 1024 or 1376 x 768 Pixels
- DVD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse
- USB port
The following operating systems are supported:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional and Enterprise/Ultimate 32-bit and 64-bit with
- Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit with Service Pack 1 as workstation computer
- VMWare support for virtual machines