Fault record evaluation
lt is of crucial importance after a line fault that the fault is quickly and fully analyzed so that the proper measures can be immediately derived from the evaluation of the cause. As a result, the original line condition can be quickly restored and the downtime reduced to an absolute minimum. lt is possible with SIGRA to display records from digital protection units and fault recorders in various views and measure them, as required, depending on the relevant task.
In addition to the usual time-signal display of the measured variables record, it is also designed to display vector diagrams, circle diagrams, bar charts for indicating the harmonics and data tables. From the measured values which have been recorded in the fault records, SIGRA calculates further values, such as: absent quantities in the three-wire system, impedances, outputs, symmetrical components, etc. By means of two measuring cursors, it is possible to evaluate the fault trace simply and conveniently. With SIGRA, however, you can add additional fault records. The signals of another fault record (e.g. from the opposite end of the line) are added to the current signal pattern by means of Drag & Drop.
SIGRA offers the possibility to display signals from various fault records in one diagram and fully automatically synchronize these signals to a common time base. In addition to fi nding out the details of the line fault, the localization of the fault is of special interest.
A precise determination of the fault location will save time that can be used for the on-site inspection of the fault. This aspect is also supported by SIGRA – with its "offl ine fault localization" feature.
SIGRA can be used for all fault records using the COMTRADE file format.
The functional features and advantages of SIGRA can, however, only be optimally shown on the product itself. For this reason, it is possible to test SIGRA for 30 days with the trial version.
- 6 types of diagrams: time signal representation (usual), circle diagram (e.g. for R/X), vector diagram (reading of angles), bar charts (e.g. for visualization of harmonics), table (lists values of several signals at the same instant) and fault locator (shows the location of a fault)
- Calculate additional values such as positive impedances, r.m.s. values, symmetric components, vectors, etc.
- Two measurement cursors, synchronized in each view
- Powerful zoom function
- User-friendly configuration via drag & drop
- Innovative signal configuration in a clearly-structured matrix
- Time-saving user profiles, which can be assigned to individual relay types or series
- Addition of other fault records to the existing fault record
- Synchronization of several fault records to a common time basis
- Easy documentation by copying diagrams to documents of other MS Windows programs
- Offline fault localization
To work with SIGRA V4.61, you need a PC or laptop computer with the following minimum specifications independent from the used operating-system version:
- Intel® Celeron® Dual Core 2,2 GHz (Ivy/Sandy Bridge) or similar
- 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- Graphic display with a resolution of 1024 x 768 (1280 x 1024 recommended)
- 5 GB free disk space on the hard disk
Fully supported and tested operating systems
1) PC: Windows Computer
2) VM: Virtuelle Maschine (e.g. VMWare)
3) 32-Bit: Operating systems with 32-bit support (DIGSI 5 can neither be installed nor operated on 32-bit operating systems)
4) 64-Bit: Operating systems with 64-bit support
*) Including security update KB3033929 or other security patch incorporating this security update
SIGRA V4.61 supports the virtual environment VMware in the following versions and higher:
- VMware Workstation V6.5.0
- VMware Player V3.1.2
- VMware Tools for Windows V8.4.4
For more information, see http://www.vmware.com.
The performance of SIGRA V4.61 is not ensured under other operating systems and older VMWare versions. If you use these operating systems or VMWare versions, it is at your own risks.