SIPROTEC Function Point ManagerSIPROTEC Function Point Manager is a cloud-based application which enables SIPROTEC customers to centrally manage their function point budgets and assign function points to SIPROTEC 5 and SIPROTEC 5 Compact devices in order to extend their software functionality.
Benefit in your daily work using the SIPROTEC Function Point Manager
- SIPROTEC function point budget is independent from the device
- Use it for all your SIPROTEC 5 and SIPROTEC 5 Compact devices
- Order now, pay later: Function points will be invoiced only when you download license files
- Add and activate functionality quickly and easily using ad-hoc generated license files (DAF)
- Specify SIPROTEC 5 and SIPROTEC 5 Compact functions late in the engineering process
- Order and stock SIPROTEC universal protection relays devices independently from functions
- Use the SIPROTEC Function Point Manager to organize and share all generated license files in your organization
SIPROTEC Function Point Manager - Video
SIPROTEC Function Point Manager manages function point budgets and assigns function points to SIPROTEC 5 and SIPROTEC 5 Compact devices to extend their functionality.
3 steps to benefit from building up your individual SIPROTEC 5 functionality
SIPROTEC Function Point Manager - Expert Workshop - 27th October
Purchase of Function Points
Function point budgets need to be ordered via the ordering code (MLFB) 7XX8152-1AA00 outside of this application from Siemens Regional Sales or Industry Mall and will be credited to the SIPROTEC Function Point Manager customer account. Precondition is an account which can be easily created within one minute on https://www.siprotec-function-point-manager.siemens.com.
Credited function points are fix assigned to the Function Point Manager account and can be used for generating SIPROTEC 5 or SIPROTEC 5 Compact license files (DAF).
Manage Function Points
Based on the available function points, the generation of license files (DAF) for SIPROTEC 5
or SIPROTEC 5 Compact devices is possible within seconds by entering the serial number. The
generated license file can be directly downloaded. Afterwards it has to be uploaded to the
device with DIGSI 5. Display the status of the latest license file (DAF) request and a history
of all function point assignments.
License files (Device Attribute Files, extension DAF)
License Files or Device Attribute Files, extension DAF, contain the number of function points for a specific device. The function points number of the device is used to define the scope of device functionality. Increasing the function point number means extending the available device functionality.
SIPROTEC Function Point Manager provides an account overview with respect to the account number, current balance, account state and recent function point debit and credit transactions.
Multiple users and roles can be assigned to one account
- Account administrator: Can invite other users, create license files and inspect the account
- Account user: Can create license files and inspect the account
- Account viewer: Can inspect the account overview
SIPROTEC Function Point Manager - Line Card
How to handle function points with the SIPROTEC Function Point Manager? Easy explained in our line card.