Transformer differential protection
Reyrolle 7SR54 provides protection, control and monitoring of 2 and 3 winding transformers. All transformer vector groups and earthing connections are supported.
Features & functionsThe transformer differential protection Reyrolle 7SR54 device includes a wide range of protection functions and IEC 61850 Ethernet communications as standard. To further minimize the product variants the power supply and the binary inputs cover the full operating range with configurable binary input thresholds. The large LCD, tactile pushbuttons and programmable LEDs provide a user-friendly product interface and the relay element is withdrawable for easy replacement.
The Reyrolle 5 is designed for the electricity networks of the future with enhanced communications and cybersecurity while maintaining a user-friendly interface and easy product management.
The Reyrolle 7SR54 provides protection, control and monitoring for 2 and 3 winding transformers. All transformer vector groups and earthing connections are considered.
The Reyrolle 7SR54 device includes a wide range of protection-functions and IEC 61850 Ethernet communications as standard. To further minimize the product variants the power supply and the binary inputs cover the full operating range with configurable binary input thresholds.
The large LCD, tactile pushbuttons and programmable LEDs provide a user-friendly product interface and the relay
element is withdrawable for easy replacement.
Inputs and Outputs
Current inputs – 8 or 12
Voltage inputs – 0 or 4
Binary inputs (max) – 37
Binary outputs (max) incl. healthy contact – 18
Arc flash detector inputs (AFD) – 0 or 3
High speed binary outputs (HSBO) – 0 or 3
Temperature sensor inputs (TSI) – 0 or 8
Standard front USB port (for configuration using Reydisp Manager 2, a PC based software tool) rear
RS485, 2 x RJ45 electrical ports or optional optical Ethernet connections.
Size 8 or 12 with withdrawable design.
Backlit 128 x 128 LCD with text and graphical display capabilities suitable for single line mimic diagrams
Standard Functionality can include
- 37/37G Undercurrent protection – phase/earth
- 46 Negative sequence overcurrent protection
- 46BC Broken conductor detection
- 49 Thermal overload protection
- 49TS Temperature sensor supervision1
- 50/50G/50N Instantaneous overcurrent/earth fault
- 50AFD Arc flash detection2
- 50BF Circuit‑breaker failure protection – 3 pole
- 51/51G/51N Time delayed overcurrent/earth fault
- 51CL Cold load overcurrent – phase
- 52 Circuit‑breaker control
- 60CTS CT supervision
- 74CC/74TC Close‑circuit and trip‑circuit supervision
- 81HB2 Inrush current detection
- 81HB5 Overfluxing detection – 5th harmonic
- 86 Lockout
- 87GH Restricted earth fault protection – high‑impedance
- 87NL Restricted earth fault protection – low-impedance
- 87T‑BD Transformer differential protection – biased
- 87T‑HS Transformer differential protection – highset
1 An external interface unit is required where optional TSI module not fitted
2 Requires external components
Additional Functionality – Requires VT Inputs
- 21LB Load blinder (7SR5421)
- 24 Overexcitation protection
- 25 Synchrocheck – synchronizing function
- 27/27Vx Undervoltage protection
- 47 Sequence overvoltage protection
- 51V Voltage dependent overcurrent – phase (7SR5421)
- 59/59Vx Overvoltage protection
- 59N Neutral voltage displacement
- 60VTS VT supervision
- 67/67G/67N Directional – phase/earth fault (7SR5421)
- 78VS Voltage vector shift
- 81 Frequency protection – “f>” or “f<”
- 81R Frequency protection – “df/dt”
- Primary, secondary, and phase sequence, current & voltage
- Frequency, power
- Fault data, event and waveform records
- Event records (selectable events viewable on fascia)
- IEC 60870‑5‑103, Modbus TCP, DNP3 TCP, Modbus RTU, DNP3, IEC 61850
- Comprehensive protection for 2‑ or 3‑winding transformers.
- Differential protection for auto-transformers, reactors and motors.
- Compact design and low product life‑cycle cost
- Reliable operation due to powerful, proven protection algorithms
- IEC 61850 Edition 1 & 2 – with HSR, PRP and RSTP operation for increased availability
- Simple product ordering
- Combined 1 A and 5 A current transformer inputs
- 28 programmable tri‑color LEDs for clear indications
- User selectable languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Conformal coating ordering option