PSS®E – high-performance transmission planning and analysis software
PSS®E is used in over
and offers the distinct advantage of being one of the leading power transmission simulation and analysis tools in the world.
Reimagine Grid Planning with PSS®E Cloud
In the 1970s, PSS®E was the first interactive network simulation software to run on premise and now it redefines what is possible in Grid Planning. PSS®E Cloud combines your most trusted transmission planning tool with the power of the cloud. Visit the PSS®E Cloud website to learn how users in U.S. and Canada can now unlock scalable computation power, secure collaboration, flexible remote working, and more!
Providing an industry benchmark for simulation resultsPSS®E is used by planning and operations engineers, consultants, universities, and research labs around the world. PSS®E allows you to perform a wide variety of analysis functions, including power flow, dynamics, short circuit, contingency analysis, optimal power flow, voltage stability, transient stability simulation, and much more.
Find your application
Global PSS® User Group Meetings
Join the PSS® team and community! Are you a PSS® User who wants to learn more about the upcoming User Group Meetings and their agendas? Visit and bookmark the new UGM website to check out the upcoming schedule, event details and more.
Improve efficiency and ensure reliability
Powerful, customizable, and fully-featured software
PSS®E standard features
- Fast and robust power flow solution for network models of up to 200,000 buses
- Lightning-fast steady-state contingency analysis, including automatic corrective actions and remedial action system modeling
- Full node-breaker support for detailed modeling of substation topology
- Automated PV/QV analysis with plot generation
- Powerful program automation and customization with fully-featured Python® API
- Balanced and unbalanced fault analysis and contingency analysis (deterministic and probabilistic)
- Comprehensive power flow and dynamics model library, including emerging technologies such as advanced FACTS devices and wind turbines
- Code-based, user-written model building
- Powerful, easy-to-use integrated plot facility
- Graphical construction of user-defined controller models
- Local Model Management functionalities to enable a user to seamlessly manage the various files (base case, network models, project changes, etc.) required to build new cases.
Time-based Modeling with PSS®E Model Management Capabilities
Easily access network model management capabilities directly within the well-known user interface. PSS®E time-based modeling enables electrical utilities to efficiently manage expansion projects and grid changes overtime – resulting in increased accuracy of available data and network models.