Protocol test system
A good standard. IEC standard protocols employed in modern substation control enable homogeneous, vendor-neutral total solutions and offer optimum investment security for the operator. Even with standardized protocols, the analysis or simulation of the behavior of the employed devices is a daily requirement in the operation and installation of substation control systems. The SICAM Protocol Test System provides this functionality.
Features & functionsSimulating individual or several devices simplifies processes, especially when planning systems. Importing the IEC 61850 standard files enables the user to simulate device behavior and to streamline test and com-missioning procedures. Vendor-neutral, comprehensive analysis features help to resolve errors or faults of individual devices. The SICAM Protocol Test System assists system planners and operators to simplify their daily work and will become an indispensable tool.
Characteristics and technical highlights
- Product and vendor-neutral testing system
- Simulation of up to 255 IEC 61850 servers
- Interactive simulation (commands and feedback) of entire systems incl. third-party devices - SCD, ICD import (ICD files for SIPROTEC 4 devices are already included in the software package)
- Simulation of malfunctions
- Dynamic measured value with auto-simulation
- Simulation of fault records
- GOOSE publish
- Network overview analysis - which server is connected to which client?
- Testing the NTP time server in the network
- Simple operation – no training required
- Plain-text display also for IEC60870-5-101, -104 and -103 with storable data models using .csv file import of long texts.
- Long-time recording
- For Windows operating systems
Although the standards themselves are long past the development stage, problems still tend to arise during implementation of projects. These are due to slight differences between systems (resulting from varying interpretations of the standard, specific features of the project, etc.) and can have significant cost implications. In addition, in many cases operators will need to test equipment early on in the course of a project although some of the system components or devices are not yet available at that time.
SICAM Protocol Test System: you can rely on it
These imponderables are a thing of the past with the PC-based SICAM Protocol Test System. On the one hand, the system allows you to very easily test and analyze communication between systems that are based on the IEC 60870-5-101, -103 and -104 protocols. On the other hand, with the SICAM Protocol Test System you can also simulate automation devices and thus also test subsystems, even if some devices of the overall system are not in place. For example, the system contains predefined device profiles according to IEC 60870-5-103 for simulating protection devices.
- IEC 61850 Ed1 and Ed2 Client
- IEC61850 Ed1 and Ed2 Server
- IEC 60870-5-101 (balanced and unbalanced)
- IEC 60870-5-103
- IEC 60870-5-104
- SAT PCBE End-End protocol
- SAT PCBU SSI End-End protocol
- Logic analyzer
- NTP client
Analysis and monitoring
The SICAM Protocol Test System is the ideal tool for per-forming conformity tests, factory acceptance tests, fault analyses, and long-time recordings. In addition, the SICAM Protocol Test System can be used to record, save, and export handshakes, payload telegrams, and file transfers in their chronological order. The timing behavior of serial interfaces can be exactly analyzed with the optional “four channel logic analyzer”.
In addition to the extensive analysis features there is the option to simulate remote stations.
Not only individual telegrams can be dynamically simu-lated with the SICAM Protocol Test System, but entire IEC 61850 devices and even systems consisting of up to 255 devices.
This includes the simulation of the command processes including feedbacks, measured values, and fault records, as well as the simulation of IEC 61850 Client Server connections and GOOSE messages.
Tried and tested functionality
- Extensive experience of a wide range of protocols gained through implementation of SICAM RTU automation systems in systems comprising heterogeneous equipment from different OEMs
- Active participation on various IEC standardization committees
- Pioneering role in implementation of IEC 60870-5-10x standard protocols
- No training required
- User-friendly Windows interface
- Context-sensitive online help
- Plug & Play installation
- Interpreted message display (addresses and user data separated by link layer and user data)
- Plant name display possible through import of data point lists via CSV import interface
Monitoring und Simulation
- Simultaneous monitoring of send data from both sides
- Single remote station simulation for IEC 60870-4-101 and -104
- Simulation of up to 255 remote stations for IEC 60870-5-103
- Simulation of standard protection device profiles (user can add other protection device profiles)
- Fault record emulation (IEC 60870-5-103 only)
- External hardware for PCs requiring only one serial interface