3WA air circuit breakers
Made for makers. Simply reliable.
Ever stricter standards and increasingly automated infrastructure and systems require fail-safe power distribution. Discover the new 3WA air circuit breakers – they let makers simply achieve what they want to achieve.
Makers watch out: #3wacircuitbreakerWhether you are quality-conscious, demanding efficiency, forward-looking, or system-oriented – the 3WA air circuit breaker is set to be the new central component of your switchgear panel. Convince yourself how it simply and reliably supports you in all situations.
The basis for quality
With the 3WA air circuit breaker and the SENTRON portfolio, we provide a comprehensive product offering that meets all requirements and is flexible enough for any application. Extensive and modular accessories enable simple function expansions. The long service life and low maintenance requirements of all components offer you long-term reliability.
- Three frame sizes with rated currents from 630 to 6,300 A for AC applications
- High breaking capacity ICU from 55 kA to 150 kA at 500 V AC
- Breaking capacity test using system voltage fluctuations of up to 10%
- PROFINET IO Modbus TCP module COM190 for connecting to higher-level management systems; designed as combination module for the simultaneous use of multiple protocols (Modbus TCP and PROFINET)
- Switched Ethernet functionality for optimized architecture, engineering, and redundancy while maintaining the highest performance on the market
- Numerous locking and interlocking components
- Comprehensive connection technology
The basis for efficiency
The 3WA air circuit breaker offers enhanced protective functions and high selectivity for maximum system availability. Its robust mechanics and unbeatable product quality have proven themselves even in demanding heavy-duty applications. Using 3WA air circuit breakers in the switchgear paves the way for an efficient retrofit of the 3WL air circuit breaker.
- Enhanced protective function: better protection of equipment (e.g. transformer) thanks to the detection of even minor short-circuits when the direction of energy flow changes
- Detection of dangerous discharge currents thanks to optimized ground-fault protection functions
- Perfectly coordinated selectivity values and protective functions of air circuit breakers and downstream protection devices like molded case circuit breakers ensure full selectivity in terms of both overloads and short-circuits (reliable shutdown of the plant section directly affected)
- Further development of the proven and highly robust design of the predecessor model, the 3WL air circuit breaker
- New, special versions for extreme operating conditions (high short-circuit breaking capacity at high voltages): up to 125 kA at 1,000 V
- Switch has extremely high overload capacity thanks to prolonged short-circuit breaking capacity at ICW (3 s)
- Easy replacement in existing switchgear: a 3WL air circuit breaker can be replaced by a 3WA air circuit breaker without additional IEC 61439 testing, provided the 3WA air circuit breaker is operated under the same technological conditions
- Type test under IEC 61439 required only if the 3WA air circuit breaker uses new technological options (e.g. higher breaking capacities)
The basis for the potential
The 3WA air circuit breaker offers selectable and upgradeable functions, thus ensuring long-term flexibility. Powerful communication options guarantee secure data transmission. Its energy data acquisition provides maximum transparency in system operation, and simple selection, planning, and ordering enable efficient workflows.
- Future viability, extreme flexibility, and high security with an intelligent processor solution:
> Upgradable application processor for metering functions and enhanced protective functions
- Simple installation of functions and upgrades with the configuration software SENTRON powerconfig
- Predefined classes of metering functions (PMF)
- Simultaneous use of two communication protocols in one communication module
- PROFINET IO e.g. for highly demanding industrial communication and Modbus TCP, e.g. for energy monitoring
- Optimal data security thanks to high security standards
- Wired communication or local communication possible via standard interfaces like USB-C and Bluetooth
- Switch monitored remotely via the SENTRON powerconfig mobile app
- Optional: integrated metering function for current, voltage, and energy values
- Dedicated alarms via LED on the ETU and via communication prevent unwanted shutdown
- Simple integration in energy management systems according to ISO 50001 with selection of metering functions based on the energy efficiency guidelines of IEC 60364-8-1
- Metering data complies with IEC 61557-12
- Communication via Bluetooth: only data retrieval possible, no changes can be made to the switch
- Communication via USB: Setting parameters, testing and switching via SENTRON powerconfig configuration software
- Communication module: lockable via hardware write protection against unauthorized remote operation (protection against hacker attacks)
- Dedicated role and access rights concept for maximum security in the digital environment
- Reduced complexity, bundling of functions, and fast selection of device configuration
- Function-based selection instead of piecing together individual accessory components
- Prevents incorrect configuration thanks to an intelligent configurator
- Visually guided, interactive online configurator with interface to comprehensive CAx-data support
The basis for consistency
Seamless communication between all low-voltage components enables the use of uniform tools and data consistency.
A comprehensive tool landscape and the provision of all necessary engineering data ensure optimum convenience in planning and configuration.
- One uniform communication landscape for all low-voltage components
- One configuration software SENTRON powerconfig for all low-voltage components
- Monitoring and evaluation of all low-voltage components via SENTRON powermanager power monitoring software; data transparency makes it possible to derive optimization measures
- Remote status check of all low-voltage components via the SENTRON powerconfig mobile app
- Data-based engineering: reduced effort thanks to comprehensive CAx data and the generation of a digital twin
- Fast and simple planning using SIMARIS software tools, e.g. for verifying the selectivity of the entire power distribution system
- Generation of individual EPLAN macros for quick and easy data integration (2D, 3D) and configuration of circuit diagram
- SIOS portal: access to documents containing all product-related information – available worldwide and 24/7 (including via SIOS app)
Download white paper
Cybersecurity with 3WA air circuit breakers
3WA air circuit breakers open up the advantages of network devices to operators, yet at the same time, it has been consistently developed with an eye towards cybersecurity. Read in this white paper how integrated safety functions and operator-side safety measures make 3WA air circuit breakers a secure solution for makers in every industry.