The 3VA molded case circuit breaker. One system. Global use.
Comprehensive range of accessory components with more than
One system well-conceived, modular, and highly variable
Gobal use thanks to IEC and UL approval
Toward a digital future - solutions for low-voltage power distribution
Power distribution, IT, and the Internet are more and more converging. These trends are influencing the planning and design of electrical power distribution, and also playing a key role in the digital transformation in industry, buildings, and infrastructure. Get ready for today’s and tomorrow’s challenges and learn how to open up key competitive advantages.
Requirements are increasing for cost-effective and energy-efficient operation of the electrical power distribution. Whether in industrial applications, buildings, or infrastructure: As a modular, highly variable system, the range of 3VA molded case circuit breakers provides thoroughly reliable operator and plant protection while supporting every process phase – from planning to the operation of electrical power distribution.
Comprehensive certification. Global use.
3VA molded case circuit breakers are available in several series with IEC approval as well as in series that comply with the IEC60947 and the UL489 standards. The system offers the best preconditions for machine and switchgear manufacturers. They can use all the functions of the molded case circuit breakers for plants that are operated in Europe and in North America and be completely confident of full compliance with the standards.
- Modular, well-conceived, and highly variable system
- High system availability thanks to an excellent selectivity concept
- Integrated measured value acquisition
- Simple integration into higher-level energy management and automation systems
- Comprehensive range of accessories for flexible function expansions
- Minimal space requirements thanks to a highly compact design
- Optimal support in all tasks of a modern power distribution – in every phase of the engineering processes, e.g. by providing CAx data
Tested in accordance with IEC60947
3VA1 molded case circuit breakers
- Performance range from 16 A to 1000 A
- Breaking capacity between 16 kA and 110 kA at 415 V AC
- 1-, 2-, 3- and 4-pole versions
- Thermal-magnetic trip unit
- Suitable for DC applications
- Available as starter protection version and as switch disconnector
3VA2 molded case circuit breakers
- Performance range from 25 A to 1,600 A
- Breaking capacity between 55 kA and 150 kA at 415 V AC
- Electronic trip unit
- Excellent selectivity values at high breaking currents
- Integrated measurement value display (ETU 5-series, 6-series and 8-series)
- ETU 6-series and 8-series: integrated measurement function for current, voltage, and energy values
- Communication capability with PROFIBUS, PROFINET, Ethernet (Modbus TCP), and Modbus RTU
Tested in accordance with UL489 and IEC60947
3VA5 molded case circuit breakers
- Line protection from 15 A to 600 A
- Breaking capacity up to 100 kA
- 1-, 2-, 3- and 4-pole breaker versions
- Thermal-magnetic trip unit
- Also available as a molded case switch and as a motor circuit protector
3VA6 molded case circuit breakers
- Line protection from 40 A to 600 A
- Breaking capacity up to 150 kA at 480 V AC
- 3-pole or 4-pole versions
- Electronic trip unit
- Integrated measuring function for current, voltage, and energy values
- Optional communication via PROFIBUS, PROFINET, Ethernet (Modbus TCP), and Modbus RTU
- Easy integration into higher-level energy management and automation systems
- Different circuit breaker versions available as "100% rated" (uniterrupted rated current)
A focus on the engineering processThe 3VA molded case circuit breaker supports you in every stage of your engineering process, from planning to daily operation.
3VA molded case circuit breaker series are accompanied by a large number of accessories, enabling the sytem to be precisely matched to the specific needs of your project.
- Versatile: a comprehensive range of accessories for numerous function expansions
- Flexible: a broad and uniform range of accessories and modules
- Space-saving: compact design for use in distribution boards or cabinets
Save time and money in planning and installation: Our comprehensive CAx data offering ensures that your planning process becomes as efficient as possible. Even installation is significantly simplified thanks to our intelligent product portfolio.
- Efficient: all relevant planning and engineering data available via the CAx download manager
- Fast: standard connection technology and unique identification speed up assembly and installation, e.g. by uniform handling of all accessories for all series
- Direct: technical product information can be accessed directly at the device using a QR code
Always maintain an overview of all the data in the system and identify energy saving potentials. This is easy thanks to the simple integration of molded case circuit breakers in higher-level energy management and automation systems.
- Uncomplicated: easy connection to higher-level management systems
- Economical: integrated measuring function makes energy flows transparent and identifies saving potentials
- Flexible: support of all current communication connections
The intuitive operating concept and excellent selectivity properties ensure high availability, safety, and protection of the systems.
- Continuous: optimal system monitoring thanks to molded case circuit breakers with internal auxiliary and alarm switches
- Reliable: excellent selectivity properties prevent downtimes of the entire system
- Safe: safe shutdown in case of errors by identifying residual currents and differential currents
For an intelligent power distribution – the 3VA molded case circuit breaker
Advancing digitalization and automation are creating new challenges in electrical power distribution. Systems and components must be integration-capable, communicative, and completely flexible to reliably protect electrical systems against faults and failures. Powerful components such as 3VA molded case circuit breakers ensure the necessary safety and flexibility in digital environments:
- Automated engineering processes thanks to a comprehensive range of software and CAx data
- Seamless connection to industrial and building automation via common bus systems
- Support of comprehensive energy efficiency concepts thanks to integrated measuring functions