Your easy introduction to transparent power distribution
Whether you’re an operator, service provider, facility manager, or power manager – with the SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000 IoT data platform and software, you can easily begin operational power and condition monitoring of your low-voltage power distribution. We also recommend its perfect complement, the SENTRON powermind cloud application with location-independent and cross-location analyses.
Local power and condition monitoring with SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000With SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000, you can monitor the power and condition data of your low-voltage power distribution in the local corporate network using web-enabled devices, archive it, and export it for generating energy reports. It’s the ideal basis for operational power management, for example according to ISO 50001. The compact device fits into any control panel, where it serves as a central data interface for up to 32 communication-capable field devices.
Transparent power monitoring thanks to straightforward dashboards
- Predefined dashboards: current power consumption, load curves, comparison of historical data
- Overview of all functions, such as alarms, diagnostics, service overview, change languages, etc.
- System overview with structured project display in a project tree
- Creation of up to 10 additional, customer-specific dashboards within the overview with their own names and widgets from the library that can be freely positioned and combined
- Dashboard backup, including the graphics displayed, via the browser’s print function
Available on premise via web interface
The integrated web interface and responsive web design using HTML 5 make it possible to visualize energy data on all browser-capable devices in the local corporate network.
- PCs with all standard browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Tablets and smartphones – Android and iOS
- Available in 10 different languages
Higher plant availability thanks to optimized maintenance management
- Display of alarms and conditions of all connected protection and measuring devices, e.g. status, trip causes, temperature, and operating hours
- Up-to-date information on definable events via e-mail and web interface
- Reliable monitoring of the health status of all protection and switching devices
- Fast locating of sources of error and faults
- Avoidance of plant downtimes and failures
- Preventive planning of maintenance jobs
Reliability thanks to reliable notification function
- Notification via the web interface and/or e-mail when irregularities in operation occur, e.g. malfunction, disrupted service, tripped switch, limit value violation, or operator action
- Events to be reported can be selected on the basis of cause and significance
- Limit values, delay times, and significance can be individually configured for alarms
- The right amount of up-to-date information
- Shorter response times for countermeasures
- Avoidance of failures thanks to prompt interventions
Data transfer to the cloud with SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000
For cloud-based data storage and analysis, SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000 offers an optional plug&operate connection to Siemens’ MindSphere and to other cloud systems like Azure, AWS, Alibaba, etc., via MQTT. With MindSphere and SENTRON powermind, programming and data mapping are reduced. SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000 and SENTRON powermind are optimally coordinated with one another. This simplifies onboarding and ensures that SENTRON powermind adopts your settings and dashboards.
Everything you need to know about SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000
Simple graphical display of historic energy values
- User-friendly display of 10-second and 15-minute energy values from device meter readings and their storage in the database
- Start of archiving function via the web interface – the value to be displayed and exported is freely selectable in the archive graph widget
- Easy and convenient visualization of maximum, minimum, and average values as a diagram for a freely selectable time period
- Detailed display of energy values for a specific point in time by touching the the relevant line with the cursor
Simple commissioning thanks to straightforward usability
- Simple modification of settings during commissioning or ongoing operation using the free SENTRON powerconfig commissioning software or directly in the integrated web interface
- Changes imported directly into the project
Possible modifications include:
- Creation of devices supported by SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000
- Creation of folders in a tree in order to structure devices
- Moving, renaming, configuration, and deletion of devices and folders
Easy device definition and integration of third-party devices
- Define third-party devices as device subtypes in just two steps using the Power Device Engineer function
- Defined device subtypes can be used in several applications using SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000
- Device subtypes can be easily read in via the import interface in SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000
- Insert imported device subtypes into project tree in “Edit” mode as standard supported devices, and assign parameters
- Display device properties set for each device subtype in a table widget
Cloud-based power and condition monitoring in the app with SENTRON powermindWhether for a single location or multiple properties, the SENTRON powermind MindSphere application allows you to perform cloud-based, real-time analyses of your power and condition data. The app provides you with an overview of the power consumption and condition of your low-voltage power distribution. You can then compare power consumption during different time periods, both for individual electrical consumers and for entire plants.
The consistent acquisition of all relevant power data, along with analysis options and functions like Quick Report for data export, forms the optimal basis for operational power management according to ISO 50001 or regularly scheduled energy audits, e.g. according to DIN EN 16247.
- Identification of energy saving potential by comparing energy and power consumption during different time periods
- Identification and prevention of peak loads to reduce overall energy costs thanks to the display of power consumption
Identify potential savings thanks to high data transparency
SENTRON powermind helps you identify and counteract energy wastage and unusually high consumption patterns.
- Identification by:
- Comparing weekday/weekend consumption
- Distributing energy flows in the Sankey diagram
- “Total per consumer”: Total consumption by selected consumers/time period
- “Benchmark” (premium): Compare selected consumers in two time periods
- “Top 10 consumers” (premium): Sort ten consumers by power consumption
- Locating of points of high consumption (location/time) thanks to the visualization of consumers via a heatmap
Higher reliability and longer service life thanks to condition monitoring
- Health Indicator: Indicates health status of the circuit breaker (3VA, 3WA) as a percentage
- Remaining Lifetime: Displays the circuit breaker’s remaining service life
- Notifications of abnormal conditions via e-mail and push notifications
- Service life extended because actions are taken promptly before problems occur
- Optimized maintenance deployments and scheduling by deriving remaining service life
Power monitoring of multiple properties from a central location
- Map of the most important data and information on multiple properties, including search and zoom functions
- Energy-efficiency icon for each property with comparison of power consumption (kWh) for previous/current week and previous/current month, percentage of deviation, and link to property on the map
- Fleet management for service providers to run several end customers on a single tenant, including data separation and analysis using Secure Data Sharing (SDS)
- Quick overview of multiple properties
- Easy access to individual properties
- Reduced overhead and costs for service providers in terms of running/cost transparency for several end customers
Always up to date thanks to automatic updates
The software subscription to SENTRON powermind includes free updates throughout the contractual period that are automatically imported. Manual updates are not necessary. This ensures that you’re always up to date and can immediately benefit from improvements in functionality, usability, and performance.
Everything you need to know about SENTRON powermind
Quick and easy configuration
If you use SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000, you can transfer your system settings and device parameters directly using SENTRON powermind, without additional hardware or software. Data is simply exchanged via a JSON file.
How onboarding works:
- System setup and device configuration exported from SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000
- This data imported to SENTRON powermind with automated device and component configuration
- Answer file generated from SENTRON powermind with MindSphere tenant data and answer file imported into SENTRON 7KN Powercenter 3000