SIVACON 8PS – LD system
Current range from 1,100 A to
- The innovative alternative to cables
- The safe and reliable busbar for production lines
- For wind turbines, industry, exhibition halls, and ships
Rely on SIVACON 8PS with the new powerline technology
Innovative powerline technology enables SIVACON 8PS busbar trunking systems to transmit energy and energy data economically, safely, and reliably with plug-and-play functionality. Energy data is transmitted to automation and energy management systems and as well as to cloud-based systems (IoT) via the conductors.
SIVACON 8PS – LD system for industry and wind turbinesThe LD busbar trunking system ensures reliable power transmission in many sectors and applications with high demand for electric power – irrespective of whether serving an entire wind farm, an individual exhibition hall, or a complex manufacturing facility. The system's compact design makes it easy to create cost-efficient infrastructure. The system covers the current range from 1,100 A to 5,000 A.
Quick to install, safe and reliable for power distribution
The ventilated LD system can be used in a broad range of applications, and installed quickly and easily. It transmits and distributes power between the transformer, main distribution board, and sub-distribution boards in manufacturing facilities with high power demand, such as for welding lines in the automotive industry. The power distribution grid can be reliably and easily planned owing to the design verified connection to SIVACON S8 switchboard and the safe and reliable connection to transformers.
Safer and more reliable over long distances
In the SIVACON 8PS LS system, a separate PE conductor increases the cross-section of the protective conductor, ensuring low impedance in event of faults. This enables longer busbar runs and ensures reliable response of switching device even on long power distribution runs. In addition, tap-off units with circuit-breakers designed for up to 1250 A increase the availability of power distribution.
01 Trunking unit
02 Junction unit
03 Feeding unit
04 Tap-off unit
05 Flanged end unit
06 Accessories for mounting
SIVACON 8PS – LD system. Your advantages at a glance
- Reliable and easy planning by means of safe connection to SIVACON S8 switchboards and transformers
- Appropriate water protection (sprinkler-suitable)
- Also optimal for high current demands; tap-off units up to 1250 A
- High short-circuit rating
- Cost-efficient infrastructure due to compact design
- High degree of safety due to arc-resistant tap-off units
- Feasible fire barrier tested to IEC 61439-6 requirements
- Fire resistance time of 120 minutes in accordance with the fire-resistance rating of ISO 834-1 in line with IEC 61439-6
- Scalable tap-off units as Basic- Premium- or Empty version available
- Cost-effective data transmission using powerline technology
Short circuits have no chance
The LD system enables you to play it safe. The system's high short-circuit rating saves the need for a protection device on the low-voltage side, and allows medium-voltage switches to be used as protective elements for the power transmission between the transformer and main power supply. In this ventilated system, which is suitable for use where sprinklers are installed, the epoxy coating of the conductors offers additional protection against water (IP34). Moreover, the tap-off units are resistant to arc faults, lending a high level of safety.
SIVACON 8PS busbar trunking systems – Power for any application
The LD system is part of the comprehensive SIVACON 8PS product family. Busbar trunking systems are the innovative alternative to cables for a wide range of applications and sectors – whether for production lines or wind turbines.