SIVACON 8PS - LR system
Current range from 400 A to
- The innovative alternative to cables
- The reliable busbar for a high level of protection in harsh environments
- For outdoor applications, tunnels, and building networking
Digital Enterprise SPS Dialog
Experience our virtual stage presentations and download information on highlights and new products. Or navigate once again through our virtual showroom and explore applications in exciting 3D visualizations.
SIVACON 8PS - LR system for outdoor applicationsThe LR busbar trunking system ensures reliable power transmission under adverse ambient conditions. Thanks to the system's epoxy cast-resin housing designed with a high, IP68-rating degree of protection and high short-circuit rating, it is perfectly suited for outdoor applications – such as for power transmission in petrochemical industry installations, outdoor networking of buildings sections, and for supplying power to subway rail line tunnels.
Robust inside and out, versatile, and reliable
Forget about humidity and corrosive or salty atmospheres: These and similar environmental factors cannot harm the robust LR system. The epoxy cast-resin housing makes the system highly resistant to weather conditions and chemical substances, while also ensuring outstanding mechanical stability. The system's fire resistance rating of 180 minutes in accordance with IEC 60331 enhances the level of safety even further.
Optimum consistency for high currents
One convincing feature of the LR system is its versatility. Serving applications ranging from 400 A to 6,300 A, the system can be installed in flat, upright, vertical or horizontal configurations as needed. It can be optimally adapted to the given structural conditions using angles, connectors, and T-pieces, requiring little space for installation. And with its bolt-type terminal block, fitting and installation are simple and quick. The LR system is consistently integrated end-to-end, and, via adaptors, can be easily connected to LI and LD systems for indoor applications.
01 Straight trunking unit
02 Feeding unit
03 Junction unit
04 Junction box
06 Adapter to the LI system
07 Expansion compensation
08 Cast connecting element
SIVACON 8PS - LR system. Your advantages at a glance
- Suitable for outdoor applications thanks to its high degree of protection IP68
- Strong resistance to chemical substances and high mechanical stability thanks to epoxy cast-resin housing
- Highly flexible and consistent thanks to integrated connection to LI and LD systems
- Fire resistance of 180 minutes in accordance with IEC 60331
- Flexible power transmission with little space requirements thanks to the various junction units
- Feasible fire barrier tested to IEC 61439-6 requirements
- Fire resistance times of 60, 90 and 120 minutes in accordance with the fire-resistance ratings of ISO 834-1 in line with IEC 61439-6
SIVACON 8PS - LR system in practice: one system, many applications
The LR system is well-suited for use in harsh environments. Irrespective of whether the system is installed in the petrochemical industry, a subway tunnel, or for outdoor networking of building sections: The LR system ensures reliable power transmission – anywhere.
SIVACON 8PS busbar trunking systems – power for any application
The LR system is part of the comprehensive SIVACON 8PS product family. Busbar trunking systems are the innovative alternative to cables for a wide range of applications and sectors – whether for outdoor installations or the chemical industry.
The Power Engineering Guide
Now available for free downloading
The Power Engineering Guide is a manual for everyone who is involved in the generation, transmission and distribution of electrical energy – from system planning, to implementation and control. Discover the SIVACON 8PS busbar trunking systems in Sections 3.3.7 and 4.5.5.