Power distribution for the digital world
SIVACON S8 low-voltage switchboard
Optimize your operations and maintenance with integrated digital solutions. Benefit from a modular switchboard that flexibly meets your requirements with a high level of reliability.
Make it real! Become a Digital Enterprise. We'll show you how at SPS 2022 from November 8th - 10th!
Technology innovations, best-in-class automation solutions, impressive exhibits and great networking opportunities are waiting for you! Meet us there and learn how to accelerate your digital transformation.
The technology at a glanceSIVACON S8 switchboards offer you a smart combination of cost-efficient design and high quality. Your benefits: an optimally integrated resource for all your needs – versatile, safe, adaptable, and easy to operate. The intelligent design is our answer to your challenges.
SIVACON S8 - Technical Planning Information
When a power distribution concept is to be developed which includes dimensioning of systems and devices, its requirements and feasibility have to be matched by the end user and the manufacturer. We at Totally Integrated Power have prepared this planning manual for the SIVACON S8 low-voltage switchboard to support you with this task
Data Center VR App
Have you ever seen the prefabricated skid solution for data centers from Siemens? Click and experience a data center with installed power distribution products and solutions from Siemens.
Into the future with SIVACON S8plus
The ‘plus’ stands for ‘more’ – pioneering features that expand the proven SIVACON S8 portfolio, including:
- Clever use of energy data
SIMARIS control for digital consistency and intelligent energy transparency
- Protection of personnel and investments
Reusable, active arc fault protection
- Smart use in industrial applications
Design-verified frequency converter modules for high-precision, flexible motor controls at all speeds
- Increased system availability
Continuous temperature monitoring thanks to intelligent sensor technology
- Creation of individual and space-saving solutions
Small withdrawable units from 150x150 mm also available as small withdrawable units with a height of 300 mm
- More power
Thanks to highly efficient cooling technology
Plus everything from a single source – Siemens quality and reliability from planning to production.
SIMARIS control – digital intelligence for your SIVACON S8plusDigitalization is becoming a key criterion for success in the process industry and in critical infrastructure. Important data for this comes from the electrical power distribution. Harness the full potential of your energy data – with SIMARIS control, the digital intelligence of your SIVACON S8plus.
SIMARIS control for more efficient and reliable workflows
- Obtain operational diagnostics faster and more easily – based on your energy data
- Define and check threshold values for supervision, control, and diagnostics more easily – transparency down to the individual feeder
- Monitor operational data, such as switching rates and runtimes or temperatures, to plan maintenance predictively
- Turn many individual devices into one integrated system – with SIMARIS control
- Integrate your switchboard in your IT structure and in higher-level automation or cloud-based analysis systems
Digitalization in five basic steps
High level of safety for personnel and system for reliable operationWe never compromise on safety when it comes to our switchboards: safety is an integral part. Our switchboards are developed, manufactured, and tested in accordance with the specifications of IEC 61439-2 for power switchgear and controlgear assemblies. With the special arc fault protection concept of SIVACON S8plus, we even take it one step further.
When milliseconds count …
… the right decisions are required to provide optimal protection for personnel and switchboard. Minimize your risk and increase system availability:
- Active and resettable arc fault protection system with optical sensors, current transformers, and evaluation units
- Tested according to IEC/TR61641 with a system based on IEC TS 63107
Discover your advantages with the S8plus protection system
Safety as an integral part
- Design verified according to IEC 61439-2 as part of the basic development of SIVACON S8plus through development-related tests
- Routine testing according to IEC 61439-2 for each manufactured low-voltage switchboard prior to its delivery
- Both verifications are a key part of the quality assurance process and a requirement for the CE marking in accordance with EU directives and regulations
Seismic upgrade with proven safety
For use in seismically critical locations, we supply our switchboards in vibration-resistant, earthquake-tested designs. The results of the tests are summarized and reported in three categories:
- Functionality of the switchboard during an earthquake
- Functionality of the switchboard after an earthquake
Certification for ships and offshore platforms
- Certifications for use on ships and offshore platforms from renowned international classification societies (DNV GL, LR, ABS)
- Protection against saline atmosphere with high humidity (risk of corrosion)
- Protection against vibration load of the switchboard due to swells or the ship’s drive
Ready for new challenges
Our switchboards enable the combination of different mounting designs in one cubicle. Flexible components, such as the space-saving withdrawable units, make it possible to easily replace or supplement functional units. Powerful motor management systems complement the range of products for flexible adaptation to special tasks.
Harness the benefits of intelligent SIVACON S8plus switchboard so you can also respond flexibly to the challenges of tomorrow. Thanks to SIMARIS control, the increased transparency with regard to power flows and switchboard or device states not only enables faster fault diagnostics and predictive maintenance, but also flexible operation.
- Consistently planned: Everything fits together.
- Safe and efficient installation with the appropriate components: truly safe!
- Future-oriented operation: Make energy data easily available and harness the potential of the data.
Safe, intelligent, and flexible
Typical applications can be found in the chemical and the oil and gas industries as well as in all process industries. Other applications include data centers and critical infrastructure facilities, power plants, and cogeneration plants.