Planning of power distribution systems with SIMARIS project: easy, fast and BIM capable
The free SIMARIS project software provides a quick overview of the space requirements inside the building for your power distribution system, from the medium-voltage level to the distribution board for electrical installations. It facilitates the fast and easy assembly of the required electrical power distribution boards and corresponding protection and switching devices. You can thus quickly determine the budget and automatically create a technical specification as well as BIM (Building Information Modeling) data. The SIMARIS Suite is the platform for your unitary access to all SIMARIS planning tools. You can download it in order to work with SIMARIS project.
Now available: The new SIMARIS generation
You can find the new generation of the SIMARIS planning tools in the SIMARIS Suite now.
- SIMARIS design 10: for network calculation and dimensioning - allows also to create meshed and ring networks (with the professional version you can also calculate and dimension them) and lots more
- SIMARIS project 6.1: for determining the space requirements of distributing systems and the budget as well as creating technical specifications and BIM data - learn more
- SIMARIS curves 6.1: for visualizing characteristic tripping curves, cut-off current and
let-through energy curves - learn more
- SIMARIS Online Toolbox: with three useful calculation tools for the daily business - learn more
- Further highlights of the SIMARIS Suite: Access to tender specification texts, news, support documents/videos, contact partners and lots more
The free tool SIMARIS project in 10 languages for planning electrical power distribution - just download the SIMARIS Suite from this site and install SIMARIS project.
SIMARIS project can be employed in the defined countries. For the application in further regions we are working on extending the product portfolio, which will be included in future versions.
Space requirements and budget easily calculated – using SIMARIS project
You need a quick overview of the space requirements inside the building for your power distribution system? Plus the basis for fast cost finding? Then you need a suitable planning software tool. The SIMARIS project software, which comes free of charge, provides planning support throughout the entire product portfolio – from the medium-voltage level to the distribution board for electrical installations.
The advantages of SIMARIS project
- Automatic selection and positioning of matching components and distribution board systems
- Fast overview of space requirements and budget
- End-to-end planning of all equipment from the medium-voltage level to the distribution board for installations
- Intuitive and easy handling
- User-friendly output options for documentation purposes, e.g. graphic views and specifications
- Easy adaptability to changing use of facilities or system expansion
- Planned systems can be stored in the favorites library for similar projects
- Import of a SIMARIS design project possible
Easy and reliable operation
You need no detailed information on Siemens equipment or their order numbers, as SIMARIS project makes the choice automatically in compliance with the parameters entered. In doing so, the software factors in the wiring, control and measurement etc for each switchgear component or distribution board. Plus, a network diagram created in SIMARIS design can be imported into SIMARIS project – this means device selection is no longer needed and the project structure is built up automatically.
For extra time-savings: you can save typical variants of an installation that have been planned in SIMARIS project as favorites and re-use them again and again at a later stage for new projects. In addition, the plants drafted automatically after device selection can subsequently be optimized or changed. You can create a specification for the planned systems with one click. This is especially important when your planning becomes more detailed and the budget also needs to be specified. For detailed cost finding – up-to-date and region-specific – and for further project support, just send the project file you prepared to your Siemens Contact. who will set up a budget outline for all of the components in your power distribution system for you. Take a closer look at the functions of SIMARIS curves!
In SIMARIS project, the following possibilities for selection and processing of systems can easily be performed on the basis of the project structure you have defined and the relevant basic technical data.
SIMARIS project can be employed in the defined countries. For the application in further regions we are working on extending the product portfolio for future versions.
BIM planning with SIMARIS project
With the free SIMARIS project software you can plan your electric power distribution systems inside the building fast and easily. Thanks to the output of BIM (Building Information Modeling) files, a smooth data exchange with Autodesk Revit® is possible.
For using the exported IFC file in its entirety with all 3D and technical data from SIMARIS project, we recommend to download the SIMARIS BIM Plug-In. Via this Plug-In, you can import completely planned power distribution systems from SIMARIS project into Autodesk Revit® (up to version 2021).
Our SIMARIS contact partners will be pleased to help you with any questions regarding the software itself or the project you are currently working on.
They will also support you in regards of the download of the SIMARIS Suite, the registration or the installation of the separate software tools.