SGT-A05 (Industrial 501-K) aeroderivative gas turbine
Sturdy and fast engine for arduous conditions
Simple cycle power generation (ISO) up to 0 MW(e)
Dependable, flexible design for onshore and offshore applications
Engineered for flexible onshore and offshore applicationsBased on proven aeroderivative design, the SGT-A05 (Industrial 501-K) gas turbine series delivers high efficiency and outstanding reliability for power generation applications like cogeneration, offshore platforms, and emergency power applications. This gas turbine will offer you rugged, easy-to-maintain performance.
Highlights of the SGT-A05 (Industrial 501-K)
The SGT-A05 is proven to operate in various challenging conditions and locations around the world, including the North Sea, West Africa, Siberia, Brazil, Alaska, Southeast Asia and the desert regions of the Middle East. The SGT-A05 engine has been shock-qualified to Mil-S-901C, which makes it particularly suitable for areas with frequent or severe seismic activity.
Three popular, proven combustion systems that enhance profitability are available, based on your needs:
- Standard combustion systems operate on liquid or gas fuel
- Wet low emissions combustion systems utilize nozzle steam or water
- Dry low emissions combustion systems for gas-fueled installations achieve emission levels of 25 vppm NOₓ and 50 vppm CO
Ingenious design to the core
The SGT-A05 (Industrial 501-K) gas turbine engine is an aero-derived engine based on the T-56 turboprop, which is recognized for its reliability and durability in the Lockheed Martin C-130 Hercules transport, E2C Hawkeye, P-3 Orion and other widely used aircraft. The aeroderivative design of the SGT-A05 series engine provides a lightweight, modular product that helps lower operating costs through improved fuel consumption, extended hot section life and ease of maintenance.
Designed for power generation, and oil and gas applications, features of the SGT-A05 gas turbine include:
- Lightweight modular construction
- Ease of field repair
- Virtually limitless starts and stops
- Wide range of fuels in all ambient conditions
- High electrical and cycle efficiency
Mobile unit, oil and gas, and industrial power packages
The SGT-A05 (Industrial 501-K) packages are designed with noise suppression, access doorways, as well as safety interlocks supporting the health and safety of the operation and maintenance staff. The packages are compact and easily transported, installed and maintained.
For power generation applications like cogeneration, offshore platforms, and emergency power applications, the package features include:
- Lubricating oil system
- On-skid fuel system
- Several types of start systems are available depending on your requirements
- Sturdy, but small baseplate for a lightweight footprint
- Gas turbine enclosure
- Electrical auxiliaries meeting local electrical standards as needed
- Water wash system
Comprehensive services to support you
Our comprehensive portfolio of services provides low life cycle cost and optimum performance throughout the turbine’s life cycle: Long Term Programs (LTP), overhaul service, field service, spare parts, service exchange, remote diagnostic service, and modernization and upgrades.
The modular, compact design of the SGT-A05 facilitates on-site maintenance, since the modules can be quickly replaced. A direct core engine exchange is possible and can be executed in as little as 12 hours. The proven lightweight industrial design allows an easy and economical transport. Whether for scheduled service, or short-term support, or trainings – our specialists are there for you, 24/7, on-site or with remote diagnostics, all over the world.
Fuel flexibility matters
The SGT-A05 engine is designed to operate on a wide variety of fuels.
Fuels include, but are not limited to, natural gas, liquid fuel (typically DF-2 or equivalent) and mid to low BTU gas fuels. Fuel system options also include dual fuel, steam and water injection. Dry Low Emissions (DLE) technology is also available.
- On-skid fuel system: The on-skid fuel system includes all components needed to control fuel during start up and operation
- Clean, flexible operation: The SGT-A05 DLE combustor burns a great variety of gaseous fuels and offers clean combustion with low emissions.
Low emissions despite a rugged industrial design
The well-proven and reliable Dry Low Emissions (DLE) system offers clean combustion for gas-fueled engines with low emissions for power generation applications. It achieves emission levels of 25 vppm NOₓ and 50 vppm CO. The Wet Low Emissions (WLE) system utilizes nozzle steam or water injection for liquid-fuel operation in order to meet the most stringent environmental requirements.
- Clean combustion at flexible load: The proven standard combustion system can be operated on liquid or gaseous fuel, or with a dual-fuel option providing low emissions at part and base load.
- Advanced lean-burn combustion technology: The Dry Low Emissions (DLE) engineering solution reduces emissions without the need for water injection.
Please use another Browser
It looks like you are using a browser that is not fully supported. Please note that there might be constraints on site display and usability. For the best experience we suggest that you download the newest version of a supported browser: