Waste heat recovery system
An Echogen® waste heat recovery system uses supercritical carbon dioxide (sCO2) as the working fluid to convert waste heat into power. Because of its properties, sCO2 can interact more directly with the heat source, eliminating the need for a secondary thermal loop, and further reducing the total installed cost of the system. This compact, flexible system can integrate with a wide variety of heat sources without disrupting existing plant operations.
TransCanada partners with Siemens to develop first-of-a-kind waste heat power generation facility in Alberta
The project will use supercritical CO2 to capture waste heat from a gas-fired turbine and use it to generate emissions-free electricity that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 44,000 tonnes per year – the equivalent of taking more than 9,000 vehicles off the road.
Multi-MW EPS100 heat recovery system
The Multi-MW EPS100 heat recovery system drives value through its unique combination of a lower cost per unit of electricity produced, compact footprint, higher energy recovery from the waste heat stream, and ability to generate power from a wide range of heat sources.
- Economic – Generates power at a competitive installed cost, reducing overall cost of electricity
- Small Footprint – System components are compact, yielding a smaller skid-based system for ease of installation
- Clean – Produces fuel-free, emission-free electricity to meet environmental regulations
- Safe – Working fluid is environmentally benign, non-toxic and non-flammable
- Air or Water-Cooled – Water-free option available
- Low Maintenance – System is fully automated and does not require on-site personnel
- Technical Support – Global support available with Siemens service plans
- Long Product Lifetime – High quality manufacturing and non-corrosive fluids extend the integrity and life of system components
Can't find what you're looking for? Try our Product and Solution Finder!
Our product and solution finder can help you determine which offerings in our portfolio are best suited to your application needs. The tool allows you to access both Siemens and Dresser-Rand information.