Reduced Cooling Down
Valid for following frames: SGT5-4000F (V94.3A), SGT6-4000F (V84.3A), SGT5-2000E, SGT6-2000E
Outage time reduction: Rotor cooling down time is reduced from 24 to 12 hours
Earlier start of planned maintenance activities
Shorten your shut-downAvailability is one of the key factors for profitability of a power plant. Siemens offers a broad range of products that increase the availability. One of them is the Reduced Cooling Down upgrade. This upgrade is based on a new cooling down procedure, which, amongst others, includes specific alternating speed ranges. These speed ranges increase the cooling air mass flow which results in a reduced rotor cooling time. Thus, the possibility of an earlier start of planned maintenance events or short-dated inspections is provided. Furthermore, RCD leads to a time reduction for gas turbine balancing work at the end of outages.
Thanks to the outage time reduction, the gas turbine availability is extended and a high monetary benefit can be obtained.
Benefits may include:
- Rotor cooling down time is reduced from 24 to 12 hours
- Outage time reduction
- Short-dated inspections possible
- Earlier start of planned maintenance activities
Scope of Supply
The scope of this upgrade includes:
- Modification of instrumentation & control software
- Modification of start frequency converter software
- Preparation during operation possible, finalization and logic function test during the next planned shutdown