Thrive in a challenging market
Enter new markets and successfully implement your strategy
The energy system is undergoing vast changes, creating new challenges as well as new opportunities for energy providers. Do you plan on entering new markets? Would economic projections assist with your decisions? Are you looking for regulatory advice and support that may help your business succeed? Siemens Power Technologies International (PTI) advises companies across the energy system in their transformation into energy service organizations for the future.
Expert models, plans, and strategies for your future energy businessWith Siemens PTI, you can feel secure knowing your business and investment decisions are based on sound and expert advice. Siemens PTI provides integrated fuel, electricity, finance, environmental, powerhouse, energy, and risk management expertise at the strategic, transactional, and operational levels. Our market advisory services are well grounded in our commercial experience across all energy sectors.
Together we strive to unlock your future value creation through:
Integrated resource plans – turn uncertainty into opportunity
With political, regulatory, and market challenges growing rapidly in the utility industry, we will help you manage uncertainty with our integrated resource planning solution. To meet your objectives and goals, we take all market and regulatory uncertainties in consideration. We determine the portfolio that best balances the multiple objectives of lowest costs and the most stable, reliable, diverse, and environmentally desirable energy portfolio outcomes. With our approach using either comprehensive stochastic or scenario-based assessments of uncertainty, you can successfully and comprehensively address market uncertainty and risk – where other traditional planning methods fail.
To get the best result for your objectives, our approach also includes:
- Evaluation of asset disposition or retirement strategy, emission controls retrofits, and new asset investment needs
- Consideration of rapid adoption of technological breakthroughs in future scenarios
- Stress-testing of proposed resource plans across a wide range of outcomes
Market entry strategy – open up new markets for your business
Working closely with our clients, we guide businesses into energy and financial markets in a manner that allows them to capitalise ambitiously on emerging opportunities. Our expertise in purchasing, joint ventures, and self-build alternatives help you design business plans you can trust for business growth.
From research and analysis to execution of market entry strategies, we provide:
- Analyses of purchase, joint venture, and self-build alternatives
- Due diligence on leading companies and major projects
- Exploration of strategic relationships and advice on project development and partnerships
- Detailed market assessments
Market forecasting and analytics – a better basis for decision-making
In any planning exercise, managing risk and analyzing opportunities involves assessing an array of different potential market outcomes. With our MarketLinkSM process, we provide you with a meaningful range of economic projections based on different scenarios with regard to:
- Energy supply and demand
- Fuel prices
- Electricity consumption
- Renewable generation mix
Our methods include:
- State-of-the-art analytical framework with MarketLinkSM
- Quantified ranges of outcomes for various “states of the world”
- Targeted analyses of key drivers for our clients, including fuel prices, energy demand growth, power market outcomes, and policy structures
- Customized scenario development to meet the needs of specific client issues and opportunities
Regulatory strategies – obtain the best regulatory strategy for your project
Our comprehensive understanding of the needs of infrastructure developers, energy suppliers, and transporters along with the consumers of their service offerings gives us a unique perspective on compliance with regulatory requirements and obtaining certificates to construct facilities, as well as with ongoing operational regulatory filings. We also advocate positions in rates cases and other regulatory proceedings, and we can demonstrate whether markets are sufficiently competitive to allow market-based rates.
We deploy this expertise for both energy suppliers and those who are subscribing to the services of the regulated entity with the following offers:
- Rate design and regulatory strategy development
- FERC Section 7C certificate filing support, including assessment of market needs, market power studies, and pro forma tariffs
- FERC regulatory filings for operating pipeline and storage facilities, including tariff maintenance and routine compliance filings
- State PUC and FERC rate case preparation
- Advocacy for shipper and consumer groups in rate case and other regulatory proceedings
Expert witness services – secure qualified specialists for your case
Whether it’s addressing a single issue or supporting a complex, multifaceted case, we can deliver an efficient and comprehensive solution to legal proceedings and regulatory disputes. Our vast experience in natural gas, oil, coal, electricity, environmental markets, finance, engineering, power plants, pipelines, tariffs, and risk management combined creates a holistic approach to issues that few firms can deliver.
Our expert witness services provide you with:
- Seasoned consulting and testifying experts
- Third-party support in disputes and regulatory proceedings
- Holistic approach to litigation support
- Simplification of complex issues for board presentations
Get in contact with our Sales Support and Customer Service for Power Transmission and Distribution
Do you need help with a concrete project? Do you need a quote for any of our products or solutions? Do you need support for your installed equipment? Do you have a technical question? Do you need something totally different? You can contact us 24/7. We are looking forward to hearing from you. email@example.com Phone +49 180 524 70 00