PSS®E – high-performance transmission planning and analysis software
PSS®E is used in over
and offers the distinct advantage of being one of the leading power transmission simulation and analysis tools in the world.
Coronavirus impacts on upcoming PSS® User Group Meetings
In consideration of the recent health and safety concerns around the Coronavirus and related travel restrictions, the planned in-person 2020 U.S. and European PSS® User Group Meetings will be replaced with several engaging virtual sessions.
While face-to-face engagement with the PSS® community is ideal, the virtual sessions will enable PSS® users to keep up to date with the latest product developments and have focused discussions directly with the product experts. The exact dates and registration information will be provided to customers in the near future.
Providing an industry benchmark for simulation resultsPSS®E is used by planning and operations engineers, consultants, universities, and research labs around the world. PSS®E allows you to perform a wide variety of analysis functions, including power flow, dynamics, short circuit, contingency analysis, optimal power flow, voltage stability, transient stability simulation, and much more.
Find your application
Improve efficiency and ensure reliability
Powerful, customizable, and fully-featured software
PSS®E standard features
- Fast and robust power flow solution for network models of up to 200,000 buses
- Lightning-fast steady-state contingency analysis, including automatic corrective actions and remedial action system modeling
- Full node-breaker support for detailed modeling of substation topology
- Automated PV/QV analysis with plot generation
- Powerful program automation and customization with fully-featured Python® API
- Balanced and unbalanced fault analysis and contingency analysis (deterministic and probabilistic)
- Comprehensive power flow and dynamics model library, including emerging technologies such as advanced FACTS devices and wind turbines
- Code-based, user-written model building
- Powerful, easy-to-use integrated plot facility
- Graphical construction of user-defined controller models
- Local Model Management functionalities to enable a user to seamlessly manage the various files (base case, network models, project changes, etc.) required to build new cases.
Optimize your workflow with the new built-in local edition of the Model Management module
No longer waste valuable time or sacrifice model accuracy by manually maintaining your various case files, projects, changes, and more. PSS®E 34.7 includes a new base functionality database that enables you centrally manage the various files and data required to build new cases. This new module enables you to (1) Easily build, store and manage all your case files directly in PSS®E, (2) Seamlessly record and track your changes, and (3) Start visualizing projects with an interactive timeline view.