PSS®MOD – project modeling and data management for PSS®E
A better way for PSS®E users to manage and exchange model data across multiple time horizons and stakeholders
By revolutionizing the traditional approach to maintaining transmission network models, PSS®MOD's secure, web-based application and central data repository allow multiple users to submit, view, validate and audit planning model data including time-bound network changes organized as multiphase projects.
Want to know more about our software and solutions? Stay up to date with our electronic customer newsletter which is published three times per year.
Submit, review, validate, and exchange data with easePSS®MOD is used by Independent System Operators (ISOs), Regional Transmission Operators (RTOs), Planning Authorities with remote members, and transmission companies with local users. PSS®MOD allows you to coordinate the submission of network model data from local and/or remote users and provides access to complete study cases “on demand” for any point in time.
PSS®MOD standard features
- Organize and reorganize study cases without the need to generate a multitude of PSS®E "base cases”
- Storage of a single master network model
- Accommodation of seasonal and annual profile data sets
- Treat projects as sets of data changes that are applied serially in any order specified by the user
- Export of a PSS®E file considering equipment commission/decommission dates and out-of-service and in-service dates
- Provision of an unlimited number of ratings to be applied as Rate A, B and C in an exported PSS®E case
Enhance your PSS®MOD base package with optional add-on modules
Short Circuit Data Manager
PSS®MOD gives you the ability to manage PSS®E Short Circuit Data (i.e. SEQ Files). Sequence Files can be imported into PSS®MOD Administrator and associated with the base case (via the bus number) or a specific project. PSS®MOD takes care to construct and export the correct Sequence File associated with the exported PSS®E case during the Case Build function.
Streamline model management processes and increase productivity
Benefits of using PSS®MOD
Without the proper tools, the process of model exchange, assembly, and validation is very complex, error prone, and labor intensive. Homegrown solutions are a burden to maintain, and run the risk of becoming obsolete or unsupported. PSS®MOD provides the basis for transmission planning entities and planning engineers to automate and facilitate model management, benefits include:
- Reduction of data maintenance costs, modeling errors, and inconsistencies
- Increased productivity by minimizing time spent on model maintenance, building cases, and performing studies
- Elimination of duplicate data management efforts
- Application lifecycle cost savings derived by migrating from a custom internal application to a fully supported, industry standard product maintained by a major vendor – also hedging against an aging workforce
- North America: supports NERC-MOD-32 compliance