PSS®SINCAL – simulation software for analysis and planning of all network types
PSS®SINCAL is used in over
by transmission and distribution planning engineers, protection engineers, consultants, power plant and industrial network operators, operations planning engineers, IT professionals, researchers, and more.
Independently or simultaneously analyze the impacts of low, medium, and high-voltage networksThrough its modular design, PSS®SINCAL is highly flexible and customizable. It offers a wide variety of analysis functions for the planning, design and operation of power systems, allowing you to simulate and study: power quality, frequency stability, distributed generation interconnection, protection coordination, restoration of supply, economic driven design decisions, and more.
Find your application
Key features and highlights at a glance
- Interactive visualization of network models in schematic, geographic or multi-layer diagrams
- Extensive data modeling of all types of equipment including smart grid data models
- Open architecture for easy data exchange and IT integration including: Geographic Information Systems (GIS), SCADA, Distribution Management Systems (DMS), and Meter Data Management Systems (MDMS)
- Advanced algorithms with multiple modules i.e. Power Flow and Fault Analysis, Contingency Analysis/Probabilistic Reliability, Network Optimization, Transient Stability, EMT and Eigenvalues, Harmonics and Flicker evaluation, Protection simulation & coordination, Grid Code Compliance
Graphical user interface
- Geographical visualization capability that reflects the interactiveness of a GIS application
- Interactive web-based overlay of online and offline background maps
- Integrated network editor and report generator (List & Label) to simplify the presentation of data / analysis
- Network models can be maintained in multi-dimensional view (schematic, geographic) for different tasks with comparison options
- From a simple bus-branch to a full substation model PSS®SINCAL can run various co-simulations off of a single network model
- Network modeling can be done within a simple balanced up to a full four wire system or complete transposed system
- Large network model can be simulated with timestamps, variants, scenarios, and can be split into separate models via the “include network” option
- High-level algorithms that are optimized for precision and performance
- As the complexity of the data is adapted to the task, the program works targeted-oriented, with high-speed including parallel processing
- Modeling options are not limited in network structure, phases or frequency
- Fully integrated modular structure allows users to customize their license according to their needs
- Model management is based on standard databases (i.e., Microsoft® Access®, ORACLE® or SQL Server)
- Users can perform and track various analysis by working off a single master database
- Changes can be tracked and users can reference the initial case
- Distributed databases can be temporarily linked together and reconfigured via “include networks”
Achieve network layout compliance with Short Circuit and Arc Flash
PSS®SINCAL v15.5 supports you to achieve network layout compliance when working with standards for Arc Flash Hazard and Short Circuit Analysis. The new version will support - in addition to the already supported standards - the new standards IEEE1584 2018 (with NFPA 70E), IEEE C37 2016, and IEEE C37 initial load.
Improved functionality and efficiency of Harmonic Analysis
Run detailed harmonic analysis with the new automated contingency simulation capabilities. This enables you to get a better understanding of harmonic distortions with all elements in service and during contingency situations. Automatically create resonance networks.
*NEW Module* Efficiently automate sizing and placement of Energy Storage
With the Energy Storage Sizing and Positioning Module, simplify simulation of Non-Wired Alternatives (NWA) to mitigate reliability concerns within your volatile network. By using a simple workflow support wizard, this new feature will automatically generate the required location and size of energy storage. No longer rely on a time-consuming trial and error approach when modeling batteries.
Reduce simulation time and increase focus of Hosting Capacity Analysis
With just one simulation, you can now quickly determine the maximum DG capacity for multiple or single nodes at once. This module was further enhanced with the ability to automatically determine critical operating points – allowing you focus on time periods that matter.
Utilize enhancements to the Protection Security Assessment (PSA) module
Utilities need to run many simulations when checking the accuracy of protection device settings. The PSA module enables you to check the full network with different fault types and view the results in a comprehensive graphic visualization. With v15.5, PSA now includes breaker outage, thermal destruction time with switching sequence consideration, and pickup safety margins.
Experience higher model flexibility and validity for Torsional Analysis
Utilizing the expert mode of the dynamic engine of PSS®SINCAL platform (PSS®NETOMAC) users have new possibilities in handling of various generator masses on drive shafts. With the enhanced capabilities of air-gap torque distribution as well as park transformation control, users immediately achieve value by experiencing a higher degree of flexibility in modeling and inturn achieving higher grid utilization.
New user-defined models for GMB to quickly create subsystems and reuse control functions
Graphical Model Builder (GMB) is our graphical modeling tool for the entire PSS® Protfolio with the focus on user-defined models. Newly extended model types (FCT) now allow a way of creating subsystems and the ability to efficiently reuse of control functions. This also includes enhancements to the linking and set-up options of DLLs. In addition, several minor improvements have been made to this tool to create a better user experience.