Interfaces and standards
Guarantee a smooth data exchange
Sitraffic control centers from Siemens ensure smooth data flow and fail-free communication, whether between heterogeneous systems or when field devices from different suppliers are connected – because our outstations and instations offer maximum integration capabilities.
Interfaces and standards for your traffic managementSeamless data exchange in urban traffic engineering requires full compliance with the relevant standards. Interfaces and standards from Siemens offer tailor-made solutions for your traffic management facilities. Outstations ensure smooth communication between field devices; instations enable communication between different control centers.
Outstations – for communication with the field devices
Instations – for communication between control centers
Profit from the many advantages of a future-proof technology
The new Sitraffic Canto communication system offers the most advanced communication technology currently available for traffic control applications. Canto is short for “Communication in advanced new technology in outstations”. The system allows you to continue using your existing traffic controllers, including legacy systems designed to BEFA 5 standard, while providing the basis for the use of modern technologies such as DSL, OTN, fiber optics etc.
Sitraffic Canto. Feature highlights:
- High-performance process for the transmission of traffic data (Communication in advanced new technology in outstations)
- Supports cutting-edge communication media such as DSL and GPRS
- Standardized IP network planning
- Secure data transmission thanks to VPN tunnel and PKI encryption both in the controller and the control center
- Partyline function reduces the number of wires needed