CREATING VALUE WITH OUR DEVELOPMENTSCreating value from the real estate portfolio - this is particularly true for our development projects. With projects such as the Siemens Campus Zug, the Siemens Campus Erlangen and Siemensstadt Berlin, we realize pioneering urban development projects that leverage the real estate potential of the locations and at the same time enhance the quality of life and work for people. This is also what our Siemens Technoparks are all about: revitalizing traditional locations through clever and targeted measures, thereby providing impetus and creating new employment for entire regions. All these projects prove it: We get the best out of the real estate portfolio!
Our major projects
Facts & Figures
- Project description: On an area larger than 75 football pitches, Siemens is developing a campus for office, research and laboratory workplaces as well as apartments in 8 modules.
- Development period: 2014 - 2030
- Site area: 540,000 m²
- Rentable space: 420,000 m²
- Space type: office, laboratory, conference & residential
- Status: Move into module 1 (100,000 m²) gradually by the end of 2020, groundbreaking for module 2 (70,000 m²) on 18.10.2019, creation of building rights for a further 40,000 m² in 2020
Siemensstadt² - 1 million square metres of Berlin's futureIn the historic Siemensstadt in Berlin, a completely new urban quarter is being created, and with it 1 million square metres of Berlin's future. Over the next few years, Siemens will gradually develop its previously closed industrial site into an open urban district characterised by the coexistence of production, research, urban mixed-use and educational infrastructure. Siemensstadt² is intended to be a model for sustainable and inclusive urban development in existing buildings. The careful use of resources has shaped the planning and development of the new Siemensstadt from the very beginning. This starts with digital planning and will extend to particularly resource-efficient construction and later CO2-neutral operation. With Siemensstadt², Siemens is planning the largest development project in its history.
Facts & Figures
- Project description: Transformation of a closed industrial area into an attractive urban district with an urban and innovative character.
- Development period: 2018 - 2030
- Site area: 73 ha
- Planned rentable space: approx. 1,000,000 m²
- Space type: office, laboratory, production, conference, residential, accommodation, education, as well as retail, gastronomy, parking
- Status: Urban planning competition started 08/2019, announcement of winning design 01/2020
Gateway Gardens FrankfurtOne of the largest city quarter developments in an Airport City in Europe is being built around Frankfurt Airport – Frankfurt Airport City with "Gateway Gardens" at its heart. On an area of around 35 hectares, a vibrant "Global Business Village" with offices, hotels and restaurants will be created by 2026. Siemens Real Estate is developing two high-quality office buildings here in an excellent location.
Facts & Figures
- Project description: Two architecturally attractive buildings with high-quality office space and an open, spacious foyer will be constructed by 2023. The buildings are characterized by their urban flair and excellent location directly at the new "Gateway Gardens" S-Bahn station. About 60 percent of the office space is available to external tenants.
- Development period: 2020 - 2023
- Site area: 10,000 m²
- Rentable space: 35,300 m²
- Space type: office, conference, restaurants
- Status: The civil engineering has been completed and the structural engineering work for both buildings has begun.
Each Technopark has its own profile and is a driving force in its respective region.