Gas and Power
Fully integrated solutions along the entire energy value chainHeadquartered in Houston, Texas, Siemens Gas and Power is the only company in the world that can provide fully integrated products, solutions and services across the energy value chain of oil and gas production, power generation and transmission.
What we do
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Essential applications include providing products, solutions and services that make fossil energy greener; delivering decentralized, flexible power solutions; managing the complexities of the grid; improving and de-risking aging assets; and connecting supply and demand through storage technologies such as grid-scale batteries and Power-to-X technologies. Siemens Gas and Power has a broad customer base that includes oil and gas, utilities, independent power producers, engineering, procurement and construction companies (EPCs), transmission system operators, and industrial companies in sectors such as mining and chemicals. Gas and Power offers:
- Upstream, midstream and downstream solutions for oil and gas extraction and production that maximize OPEX and CAPEX investment while minimizing environmental impacts. Our portfolio includes innovative technologies for gas compression and injection, pipeline compression, and power generation and distribution.
- Products for power generation, like gas and steam turbines, generators, turbine packages, and tailored OEM power plant solutions for decentralized, industrial and heavy-duty power plants and fast power solutions. These products and solutions focus on business success for utilities and industrial users by increasing turnover, reducing costs and improving profitability. Depending on customer needs, options range from components to power trains to full turnkey solutions.
- Products, systems, solutions and services for the reliable transmission and distribution of electric power. Our offering includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level and high-voltage transmission systems.
- An extensive service network with expert factory or field service support that improves asset performance. Our service portfolio includes maintenance, repairs, replacements, modernizations and upgrades of components, such as gas, steam and wind turbines, as well as generators, in large-scale and industrial power plants, and compressors for the oil and gas industry.
- Remote monitoring and diagnostics that lower the cost of energy, ranging from the development of proactive solutions to data analysis on individual turbines, as well as the overall fleet.
- Proven project capabilities – not just for products, but also for solutions and services (including digital) and project financing.