Yes. S7 200 SMART PLC has one onboard Ethernet port and RS485 port it also supports one optional communication board which can configured for RS232 or RS484 communication. So S7 200 SMART PLC can communicate with SCADA by
- Direct communication with SCADA which has S7 200 Driver.
- Communication on OPC platform using PC Access SMART software.
- Modbus RTU communication
- Free port communication (RS232)
Any standard, commercial microSDHC card with a capacity in the range 4GB to 16GB can be used in S7 200 SMART PLC. MicroSDHC card is used for following purposes:
- Program Transfer
A memory card can be used to transfer user program content into the CPU's permanent memory, completely or partially replacing content already in the load memory. And for duplication of program from one CPU to other CPUs.
- Firmware upgrade.
A memory card can be used to update the firmware in a CPU and any connected expansion modules.
- Restore factory settings.
A memory card can be used to erase all retained data, putting the CPU back into a factory default condition.
For updating S7 200 SMART CPU firmware follow below steps:
- Copy firmware file of desired CPU in any 4 GB to 16 GB microHDSC card.
- Place the CPU in STOP mode.
- Insert memory card into CPU memory card slot.
- Turn on power
- Give power cycle, now CPU will start Firmware update procedure automatically
- When CPU LED lights stops flashing, turnoff CPU and remove memory card for the slot.
- CPU firm ware is updated successfully.