What we do
The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
Siemens Mobility provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Rail Infrastructure, Turnkey, Rolling Stock, Customer Services and Intelligent Traffic Systems. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
The portfolio of Siemens Mobility includes
- the full range of vehicles for rail traffic: Regional, as well as intercity and high speed trains, metro cars, streetcars and light rail, passenger coaches, driverless vehicles and locomotives
- Signal and control technology for rail-based passenger and freight traffic
- Electrification solutions for rail and road traffic
- Maintenance and service of vehicles and infrastructure
- Road traffic control and information systems, parking space management as well as electronic payment and toll systems for urban and interurban traffic
- Consulting, planning, financing, construction and operation of turnkey mobility systems
- Integrated mobility solutions for intermodal networking of different traffic systems
Michael Peter is CEOs of Siemens Mobility.
For more information about our Mobility products and solutions, please visit http://www.siemens.com/mobility