Video tutorial on programming with an R variable
How to use an R variable for a program loop
Using R variables
This video tutorial shows ...
- what R variables are,
- which R variables there are,
- where and how to view them in the SINUMERIK user interface,
- how to assign values to R variables,
- how to query R variables with comparison operators,
- how to control the execution of a program loop with an R variable.
A simple part program is used as an example, in which the Z-axis infeed depth is increased step by step to the desired contour depth with the aid of an R variable and a program loop.
R variables can be used consistently in all up-to-date SINUMERIK CNCs.
You can find more about R variables ...
- in the operating and programming manuals for the CNCs SINUMERIK ONE, 840D, 840D sl, 828D, 810D, 808D and 802D (to be found in Siemens Industry Online Support),
- in the tutorial "Programming with R variables" (application of R variables in cycle masks, calculation with several R variables, application examples).
- in the "Tips and tricks" article "Program counter".
In addition to the R variables predefined by the CNC system, freely defined and type-bound user variables can also be defined and used under SINUMERIK Operate (see High-level language programming, section "Abstract data types").