Service and training for Safety Integrated
On the safe side
Our Safety Lifecycle Services and safety experts will provide assistance to ensure that you are well prepared in all matters of safety.
Safety Lifecycle Services
With Safety Lifecycle Services, Siemens provides not only the necessary expertise for safety verification, but also progressive tools and methods that exclude systemic errors in all project phases. This is all the more important since errors in an early project phase are often costly and time-consuming to correct at a later date. Moreover, it means that plant operators do not have to acquire the necessary expertise themselves and continuously adapt to the latest guidelines and technologies
The following service modules are available:
- Management, evaluation of "functional safety" and audits
- Configuration and planning of the SLC (Safety Plan)
- Hazard and safety assessment
- Assignment of the safety functions to the protection levels
- Specification of the safety requirements (SRS)
- Verification and validation (e.g. SIL verification, hardware/software audit)
Qualified and certified safety experts
Siemens employs safety experts with accredited qualifications for Safety Lifecycle Services. These experts have all completed a structured training program as a Siemens Functional Safety Professional (SFSP) or Siemens Functional Safety Expert (SFSE), organized and implemented by Siemens in close collaboration with TÜV. The training program is also open to employees of the operator (end user) and Solution Partners (system integrators).
To be able to meet growing demands in the area of safety engineering, Siemens Industry increasingly relies on the support provided by selected Solution Partners.
These are highly qualified partner companies which offer professional consulting and services for all relevant safety aspects. They are experts in safety engineering in the process industry, and have:
- Know-how concerning the safety lifecycle of IEC 61511
- Knowledge of safety engineering with S7 F systems and SIMATIC Safety Matrix
- Comprehensive experience in projects with safety applications in the process industry