First choice for maximum dynamics and precision
SIMOTICS L-1FN3 Linear motors
SIMOTICS L-1FN3 motors are linear drives in compact design featuring superior performance / force density. They are characterized by wear-free force transmission. SIMOTICS L-1FN3 motors fulfill the highest requirements placed on dynamics, contour accuracy and precision and are optimized for operating high-performance machine tools and production machines. Water-cooled SIMOTICS L-1FN3 motors are available in two versions: for peak load and continous load.
SIMOTICS L-1FN3 – the modular industry standardThe water-cooled SIMOTICS L-1FN3 was specially developed for use in machine tools and has been the proven standard for linear motion for years. Its modular principle offers you a comprehensive range of practically wear-free and therefore low-maintenance motor variants in seven different widths with up to five different lengths and several types of action.
The motors are designed for operation with SINAMICS S120 converters.
The water-cooled SIMOTICS L-1FN3 motors are available in two versions – for peak load operation and continuous load operation.
The benchmark for directly driving linear axes
The main advantage of linear direct drive technology is the extensive avoidance of the effects of elasticity, play, and friction, as well as natural oscillation in the drive train. This results in a higher dynamic response and increased precision.
- Highest precision linear motion with high dynamic performance
- Enormous force density in a compact design
- Highest traversing velocities for all applications
- Large air gap, therefore extremely rugged against external influences
- Wide range of options depending on the application profile
- Wear-free drive components
- Low lifecycle costs of machines
The complete package together with SKF Motion TechnologiesThe LTS/LTSE complete linear motor axes from SKF Motion Technologies are units comprising a slide top and a base which are supplied ready for installation and operation. A profile rail guide, the primary and secondary motor parts, a linear encoder including limit switches, limit position dampers and cable trailing device connection are fully integrated into the complete linear axis.
- Ready-to-install complete solution for linear movements incl. linear guide, slide, linear motor, encoder and power chain
- Linear motors are used together with SINAMICS S120 converters
- Naturally cooled 1FN3 linear motor with rib cooling, integrated in Siemens drive technology (configuration/commissioning tools)
- Customer-specific adaptations of the complete solution possible in coordination with SKF Motion Technologies
You can obtain more information by contacting our partner, SKF Motion Technologies: