Advance Manufacturing (Additive Manufacturing) Learning ProgrammeUnder the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme - Enterprise-based Training, up to 10,000 training opportunities will be available in Singapore. The courses will be offered in sectors that can provide job opportunities as the economy recovers, such as Infocomm Technology and Media, and Advanced Manufacturing. SG will progressively expand the list of courses, sectors and companies covered under the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme - Enterprise-based Training
Course detailsThis course package has been designed in partnership with SkillsFuture to provide trainees with up-to-date skillsets to stay relevant and better support the current wave of industrial companies undergoing digital transformation, with focus on industrial additive manufacturing (3D printing). The course is organised into 4 block modules, the first 3 modules are component trainings looking at providing the basic foundation on key skillsets; namely PLC programming, 3D design fundamentals and post processing basics. This will prepare the trainees to undertake the final project module which could be supporting the implementation of an actual industrial project alongside our specialists.
Learning objectivesTo understand industrial digitalisation and vision of factory of the future. The course will provide trainees with key areas of know-how over the course of the first 3 months followed by the unique opportunity to apply these new skillsets to real industrial projects alongside our experts.
Duration: 6 months (estimated 420 hours)
1st Month (60hrs): Industrial Digitalisation: PLC Fundamentals and how to connect to a Digital Twin
- To equip participants with fundamental knowledge in PLC and HMI Programming
- To equip participants on how PLC Programs can connect to a Digital Twin by using OPC UA.
2nd Month(60hrs): Industrial Digitalisation: Industrial 3D Design Training
- To equip participants with fundamental knowledge of 3D Design, Printing and Post Processing
- To equip participants with knowledge on 3D Printing and Post Processing
- Exposure to design tools and 3D design
3rd Month (60hrs): Industrial Digitalisation: Industrial 3D Printing Post Processing
- Learn fundamentals of an additive manufacturing production line
- Gain hands-on exposure to industrial metal powder bed fusion printing and post processing
- To equip participants with knowledge of using and managing additive manufacturing line
4th – 6th Month (240hrs): Project Execution
- Putting it all together. Based on the fundamental skillsets acquired, trainees will be assigned to project teams to support industrial projects alongside our specialists.
The focus topics were filtered in advance from the fourteen Corporate Core Technologies and taking into account the company's priority "Make Digitalization Work":
- Data Analytics & Artificial Intelligence
- Simulation & Digital Twin
- Additive Manufacturing
- Cyber Security
- Blockchain Applications
Where & When
Siemens Advance Manufacturing Transformation Center (AMTC)
16A, Tuas Avenue 1, #06-27 JTC SPACE@Tuas Singapore 639533
- Batch 1: 19th October 2020 – 26th March 2021 (Application closed)
- Batch 1.5: 14th December 2021 – 28th May 2021 (Application closed)
- Batch 2: 4th January 2021 – 25th June 2021 (Closing date: 16th Dec 2020; Onboarding date: 28th Dec 2020)
- Batch 3: 8th March 2021 – 27th August 2021 (Closing date: 15th Feb 2021; Onboarding date: 1st March 2021)
- 16th December 2020 (10am – 11am)
- 2nd February 2021 (10am – 11am)
Eligibility and Subsidies
- The SkillsFuture Series initiative is open to all Singaporeans and Permanent Residents
- Must complete and comply with Siemens' eligibility course criteria
- Each trainee enrolled in the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme - Enterprise-based Training will receive a monthly training allowance of $1,500 for the duration of the training. Course fees are highly subsidised, and the nett fees be $500 for the six-month after Government subsidy.
- Eligible individuals can use their available SkillsFuture Credit to offset these course fees, including the top-ups announced in February 2020. Trainees will also be provided career advisory assistance to help them in their job search as part of the programme.
- Each course is limited 20 trainees, please register for the course dates you are interested to participate.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified by the course administrator and will be required to submit further documents for final selection.
- All successful applicants will be notified 2 weeks before the commencement of the course.