- Digital transformation is widely recognised as an imperative for the UK chemical industry.
- Senior management are demanding that the business case for investment in Industry 4.0 offers reliable return on investment.
- Experts from the sector interviewed for this study have outlined key building blocks - effective Industry 4.0 investments for the UK chemical industry - which help to deliver an accumulating return, while enhancing service levels offered to customers.
Typically, the key investment building blocks were felt to be:-
- Digitalise the physical environment
- Standardise data protocols
- Invest in applications using the data pool
- Data exchange with upstream supply chain
- Make the digital connection to customers