SICAM GridPass - based on international standards, manages digital certificates automatically to enable effective and efficient management of security controls, thereby forming a cornerstone of a scalable PKI for the next-generation substations.
Cybersecurity is at the forefront of network operators’ considerations in digitalizing power systems.
Cybersecurity is best achieved with a defense-in-depth approach. Combining multiple security controls.
- Identity management
- Access control
- Secure communication
- Malware protection
- Data protection
- Settings protection
Management of these security controls can become a cumbersome and time-consuming activity with the ever increasing number of digitalized and interconnected products and services in power systems. Establishing a public key infrastructure (PKI) helps cope with these increasing demands in a scalable manner by bringing certificate-based security to power systems.
SICAM GridPass manages the following aspects:
- Authenticate: Check identity and authenticity of automated signing requests
- Issue: Sign certificates automatically or manually
- Renew: Renew certificates
- Revoke: Manage and publish a list of revoked certificates
SICAM GridPass – Features at a glance:
- Manage X.509 digital certificates for OT use
- Create or import Certificate Authorities (CA)
- Automated certificate signing and management using EST (enrollment over secure transport) protocol in adherence to IEC 62351-9
- Manual certificate creation and export incl. private key using PKI standards
- Certificate Revocation List (CRL) distribution point service
- Web-based engineering and administration
- Role-based Access Control in adherence to IEC 62351-8 with role-based views
- Support for local users and RADIUS-based centrally managed users
- Logging of security-relevant events over Syslog
- Only one installation (software license for 50, 250, 1,000 or 10,000 clients) required in your network