Siemens SITRANS F US clamp-on ultrasonic flowmeters
Product Update - SITRANS FS230: Updated release for gas flow measurement applications
February 11, 2020
Siemens Digital Industries introduces expanded gas flow measurement capabilities to the SITRANS FS230 clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter. Featuring best-in-class performance and user-friendly operation, the FS230 is now equipped to handle natural, specialty, and process gas as well as well as liquid flow applications.
Available approvals for the SITRANS FS230 include FM (Factory Mutual) Canada, FM US Class 1 Division 2 and equivalent, ATEX, IECEx, or a selectable option code combining all approvals to provide almost complete worldwide coverage.
The SITRANS FS230 flow system consists of the industry-leading SITRANS FST030 digital transmitter paired with Siemens’ extensive and versatile line of SITRANS FSS200 clamp-on ultrasonic sensors. This complete system is suitable for a vast array of industries requiring high-quality liquid and gas flow measurement without disturbing the pipe, such as natural gas and other liquid and gas hydrocarbons, chemical, water and wastewater, HVAC, power, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, mining, and pulp and paper, among others.
Major features and benefits of the SITRANS FS230 include:
- Market-leading accuracy and repeatability – Accuracy of 0.5% to 1.0% of flow rate for all media/pipe sizes and repeatability of 0.25% according to ISO 11631
- Available internal AGA 9 gas tables – Simplifying correction for temperature and pressure variations in gas flow
- Industry-leading 100 Hz data update rate – Allowing the use of small volume provers for in-situ flow validation by measuring the smallest variations in flow 100 times every second
- Three resettable totalizers – Allowing simultaneous totalizing for daily, monthly and annual lease production
- Patented built-in pipe configuration software – Optimizing installation even if the ideal configuration is unavailable
- Easy to read and use graphic Human Machine Interface – Offers intuitive menu-driven navigation as well as step-by-step setup and troubleshooting wizards, with up to 6 user-configurable views on display at a time
- SensorFlash® 4MB MicroSD card storage – Certificates, calibration data, sensor parameters and events can be logged every 10ms for easy servicing and record-keeping (can be upgraded to 32GB)
- Versatile sensors – Require little to no maintenance and can be installed on pipes as small as 0.5 inch and as large as 394 inches (33 ft) without issue
The SITRANS FS230 is now available for configuration, pricing and ordering in the PIA Selector. Lead time will start at 4 to 5 weeks and will decrease quickly to 4 weeks, with further improvement expected over time.
Product selection and ordering
The PIA Selector and PMD have been updated to include the new gas options. The product can be found under the following route: 7ME372. The SITRANS FS230 is available with ordering options for both standard and hydrocarbon derived process values.
Siemens Process Instrumentation is happy to support your SITRANS FS230 sales efforts in any way possible. If you have questions or requests, please contact Eric Heilveil, Product Marketing Manager for Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow, at Eric.Heilveil@siemens.com.
Contact for journalists
Phone: (202) 215-9010; E-mail: Alexander.email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/siemensii.
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. For more than 160 years, the company has innovated and invented technologies to support American industry spanning manufacturing, energy, healthcare and infrastructure. In fiscal 2018, Siemens USA reported revenue of $23.7 billion, including $5.0 billion in exports, and employs approximately 50,000 people throughout all 50 states and Puerto Rico.