Siemens to Showcase Software, Building Automation and HVAC Solutions at AHR Expo 2020
Orlando, Florida | February 3, 2020
Siemens will feature a variety of new software and freshly relaunched building automation and HVAC solutions in booth 1551, at the AHR Expo 2020, from February 3 - 5, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
“AHR Expo attendees will notice a broader array of HVAC offerings at Siemens’ booth this year,” says John Karczmarczyk, Vice President at Siemens Smart Infrastructure USA. “We’re excited to not only unveil several newly developed or enhanced software, building automation solutions and HVAC field devices but also highlight redesigned offerings that integrate J2 Innovations software.”
The Siemens booth will showcase technologies in two focus areas: Software and Scalable, Open Building Automation Solutions and Rooftop Unit, Actuator and Hydronics Optimization Solutions. Key highlights include:
Building Automation Software and Solutions
- The new Building Operator cloud-based building management application monitors and services a portfolio of small to medium-sized buildings, allowing licensees to drive their digital services business. Without incurring any intrusive changes to local IT infrastructure, a secure Gateway connects easily to BACnet /IP and Modbus devices to historize and analyze data. This application can be used with Siemens and third-party BMS, controls and devices.
- The new Desigo Optic open market platform is a highly efficient building automation solution with enhanced integration across numerous third-party systems. The platform is distinguished by having Project Haystack semantic data models and tagging features, and leverages our J2 Innovations acquisition.
- The new RDS120-B smart thermostat with BACnet/IP can be controlled by the BMS, a breakthrough capability that allows the thermostats and related data to be automated. It has six powerful and accurate sensors for temperature, humidity, light, proximity, presence, and organic particle detection, making it easily detected on BACnet.
- The updated Desigo Control Point building management station facilitates building management by allowing users to access plants and equipment via touch panels, any PC, or any mobile device.
- The latest generation of the Desigo™ CC integrated building management platform is equipped with multi-discipline application support, including fire safety, power management, lighting, HVAC and physical security. The platform turns buildings into living environments that can interact with their occupants and adapt to their changing needs by collecting and analyzing building-generated data.
Rooftop Unit Performance Optimization System
- New Climatix rooftop unit performance optimization solutions feature Climatix controllers as well as a mobile commissioning application and remote management software that will be demonstrated in the booth. The Climatix solutions provide HVAC contractors a new service program for building owners that simplifies maintenance and management of RTUs for more predictable maintenance and costs and better comfort.
- Newly designed for better torque performance and life safety, OpenAir™ fire/smoke damper actuators are more compact and lightweight than ever and are the only damper actuators that integrate with a low-voltage electronic fusible link.
- More robust and efficient hydronic flow optimization offerings include a new line of durable, resilient seat butterfly valves for decreased maintenance and performance costs and increased life expectancy.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To learn more about Siemens’ comfort products and solutions for commercial real estate, healthcare, education, retail, government, utilities, communities, and other stakeholders, please stop by our AHR Expo 2020 booth 1551 or visit www.usa.siemens.com/AHRExpo. Follow us on Twitter (@Siemens_Bldgs) and on LinkedIn (@Siemens Buildings).
Siemens will also be exhibiting the Desigo Optic open platform solution for building automation and IoT with J2 Innovations in booth 486.
Desigo and OpenAir are trademarks of Siemens and/or its affiliates in some countries.
Siemens Contact for Journalists
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. With around 71,000 employees worldwide, Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and its U.S. corporate headquarters in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, USA.
Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. For more than 160 years, the company has innovated and invented technologies to support American industry spanning manufacturing, energy, healthcare and infrastructure. In fiscal 2019, Siemens USA reported revenue of $26.5 billion, including $1.23 billion in exports, and employs approximately 50,000 people throughout all 50 states and Puerto Rico.