Ingenuity for Responsible Growth
From coffee shops in Seattle to the music scene in Portland, the bustle of the metropolis is muted by the majestic backdrop of nature, and is supported by a well-conceived transportation system.
Growth and environmental responsibility are purposefully managed by transportation planners in the region, balancing the need for economic efficiency with the desire to improve quality of life for its citizens.
Siemens helps Portland embrace responsbile growth through
- An innovative and strategic partnership that focuses on efficiency and accessiblity
- Advanced regenerative braking and storage technology which reduces carbon emissions
- Customized light rail design to enhance passenger comfort
- Signaling and control technologies for safe operation
The Northeast Corridor carries passengers through some of the most historic and economically vital U.S. cities. Serving passengers via a maze of underground metro systems, intercity railways and city thoroughfares is an enormous responsibility for transportation operators - who are focused on providing safe, reliable and efficient commutes on a large scale.
Siemens helps the Northeast Corridor connect its people, culture and commerce through:
· Locomotives made in the USA, that improve reliability for millions of riders
· Regenerative braking systems that save huge amounts of energy
· Positive train control systems for safety and on-time operation
· Communications-based signaling that increases capacity on existing lines