Effective Date: August 21, 2019
Siemens Commitment to Data Privacy Protection
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Siemens. We hope the policy outlined below will help you understand what data may be collected, how that data may be used and safeguarded, and with whom the personal data may be shared by the various Siemens companies in the USA (“Siemens USA”).
Through our internet sites, Siemens USA will not directly collect any personal data about you (such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide it (such as by registration, survey or order placement), or unless otherwise required by applicable laws and regulations. From time to time, we may collect personal data about you indirectly from sources other than through our own internet sites. The personal data that we collect from various sources may be combined.
Data Collected Automatically
When you access our internet sites or use our mobile applications, we may automatically (that is, not by registration) collect additional data (such as type of Internet browser, IP address, and operating system used, domain name of the internet site which directed you to our site, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, information on your interaction with the site). We may use this data and share it with our worldwide affiliates or third parties to monitor the attractiveness of our internet sites and mobile applications, improve the performance or content, tailor content for you or for other marketing purposes.
Purpose of Use; Sharing
We may use your personal data to offer the site’s services and functions, to administer your use of the site, to respond to your inquiry or request, to process your order or to provide you with access to specific information or offers, to verify your identity, as well as to support our existing or potential customer relationship with you. Siemens may store, analyze, and process personal data (on our own or via a third party on our behalf) and share it with our worldwide affiliates (meaning entities controlled by, controlling, or under common control with Siemens) to understand better your business needs and how to implement and improve our business practices, products and services. We (or a third party on our behalf) may use personal data for analytics, to contact you about an offer in support of your business needs, or to conduct online surveys to understand better our customers' needs. We may collect, use, disclose, and share your personal data:
- as provided herein;
- with your consent,
- where it is necessary to carry out your instructions;
- to prepare, negotiate or perform a contract with you;
- as reasonably necessary to provide our features and functionality to you;
- to create and administer your account;
- to verify your identity in connection with the other purposes listed here;
- to communicate with you regarding employment;
- when we reasonably believe it is required by law or governmental or judicial authorities;
- for those purposes that were identified at the time the data was collected; and/or
- for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to host or support our Internet sites, applications, or the services to which they relate. These third parties may have access to your personal data to perform such tasks. We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to other third parties, except as described.
To the extent required to help us fulfill your orders or requests, we may share personal data with others, such as our business partners, vendors, service providers, distributors, customers, postal/logistics companies, or customs agents/authorities.
We may transfer your personal data and process it outside your country of residence. We may transfer your personal data if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, including to any successor company whether via merger or otherwise.
"Cookies" - Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer or Device
We employ cookies on these websites. You may find information on this subject in our Cookie Notice.
Use of Third Party Analytics
Our Internet sites use a variety of third party analytics in order to improve the site, identify errors, and/or customize the information included in the site. In order to exclude your computer or device from the data aggregation and analysis by third parties due to your visit to this Internet site, a cookie will be placed on your machine. While the cookie contains no personal data, it enables third parties to recognize your preference. To manage your preferences regarding the third party analytics cookie, please see our Cookie Notice above.
In addition, we may advertise using online marketing technology. In doing so, a third-party will place or read a unique ad-serving cookie on your computer or device and will use non-personal information about your browser and your activity at this site to serve Siemens ads on their content network. The ad-serving cookie is a persistent cookie. Please click here for more information about remarketing or to opt-out of the remarketing cookie.
Siemens e-mail communications may include web beacons to determine whether the emails have been opened or whether any included links have been clicked on.
International Data Transfer
Siemens USA. may transfer your personal data to its parent Company in Germany, Siemens AG, and to any worldwide affiliates when processing data. We may also transfer your data to a third party outside your country of origin.
Do Not Track
At this time our Internet sites do not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals. For more information on “Do Not Track”, please visit your browser’s support page.
This website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen. We will not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose personal data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent, pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, use, or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Siemens uses reasonable physical, technical and organizational security measures. Unfortunately, there is no complete assurance of security in transit or storage of any data that you transmit. Your personal data may be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of the physical, technical, or organizational assets.
California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine The Light” law permits those of our customers who are California residents to annually request a list of their personal data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of those third parties. At this time, we currently do not share any personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Questions and Comments
Links to Other Internet sites
Siemens Internet sites and mobile applications contain links to other Internet sites, which sites may have their own privacy statements or policies. Siemens is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Internet sites.
"Cookies" - Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer or Device
To the extent that our internet sites do collect personal data about an individual’s online activities, these sites may, in our discretion, be configured to allow collection of such personal data over time and across different Internet sites.
- 1.2. In the case of Web offers aimed at companies or public enterprises, such companies or enterprises are represented by the user and must assume that the user has appropriate knowledge and acts accordingly.
- 2.1. This Siemens Web Site contains specific information and software, as well as - in specific instances - related documentation, for viewing or downloading.
- 2.2. Siemens may stop the operation of the Siemens Web Site in full or in part at any time. Due to the nature of the internet and computer systems, Siemens cannot accept any liability for the continuous availability of the Siemens Web Site.
3. Registration, Password
- 3.1. Some pages of the Siemens Web Site may be password protected. In the interest of safety and security of the business transactions, only registered Users may access said pages. Siemens reserves the right to deny registration to any User. Siemens particularly reserves the right to change certain sites, which were previously freely accessible, so that they are subject to registration. Siemens is entitled, at any time and without obligation to give reasons, to deny the User the right to access the password-protected area by blocking its User Data (as defined below), in particular if the User
- uses false data for the purpose of registration;
- violates any applicable laws in the access to or use of the Siemens Web Site; or
- did not use the Siemens Web Site for a long period of time.
- 3.2. For registration the User shall give accurate information and, where such information changes over time, update such information (to the extent possible: online) without undue delay. The User shall ensure, that its e-mail address, as supplied to Siemens, is current at all times and an address at which the User can be contacted.
- 3.3. Upon registration the User will be provided with an access code, comprising a User ID and a password ("User Data"). On first access the User shall promptly change the password received from Siemens into a password known only to the User. The User Data allows the User to view or change its data or, as applicable, to withdraw its consent to data processing.
- 3.4. The User shall ensure that User Data is not accessible by third parties and is liable for all transactions and other activities carried out under its User Data. At the end of each online session, the User shall log-off from the password protected websites. If and to the extent the User becomes aware that third parties are misusing its User Data the User shall notify Siemens thereof without undue delay in writing, or, as the case may be, by e-mail.
- 3.5. After receipt of the notice under paragraph 3.4, Siemens will deny access to the password-protected area under such User Data. Access by the User will only be possible again upon the User's application to Siemens or upon new registration.
- 3.6. The User may at any time request termination of its registration in writing, provided that the deletion will not violate the proper performance of contractual relationships. In such event Siemens will remove all user data and other stored personally identifiable data of the User as soon as these data are no longer needed.
4. Rights of Use to Information, Software and Documentation
- 4.2. Siemens owns all rights, title interest, and/or licenses to the software, images, documentation, and/or all other information on this Siemens Web Site and all content thereon. As a condition for use of the Siemens Web Site, should the User post, provide, and/or transfer any software, images, documentation, or other information to the Siemens Web Site, the User assigns and transfers all rights, title, interest and license in same to Siemens. Siemens grants User a personal non-exclusive and non-transferable license, which may not be sublicensed, to use the software, images, documentation, and all other information made available to the User on or via this Siemens Web Site, for the User’s own non-commercial use (i.e., outside the User’s commercial activities with Siemens), to the extent agreed, or in the event of no such agreement, to the extent of the purpose intended by Siemens in making same available.
- 4.5. This Siemens Web Site may contain confidential and/or proprietary content of Siemens that is protected by copyright and other laws respecting proprietary rights, including the software, images, documentation, and/or all other information on this Siemens Web Site and all content thereon.. Siemens retains all rights in the Siemens Web Site, and such confidential and/or proprietary content, including (without limitation) all copyright, derivative rights, and other proprietary rights, on a worldwide basis, also including, but not limited to, patents, know-how, and trademarks. The User shall observe such laws and in particular shall not modify, conceal or remove any alphanumeric code, marks or copyright notices neither from the information nor from the software or documentation, or any copies thereof.
5. Intellectual Property
- 5.2. Except for the rights of use and other rights expressly granted herein, no other rights are granted to the User nor shall any obligation be implied requiring the grant of further rights. Any and all patent rights and licenses are expressly excluded.
- 5.3. Siemens may, without charge, use any ideas or proposals, images, software, or other information stored by a User on the Siemens Web Sites for the development, improvement and sale of its products.
6. Duties of the User
- 6.1. In accessing or using the Siemens Web Site the User shall not
- harm other persons, in particular minors, or infringe their personal rights;
- breach public morality in its manner of use;
- violate any intellectual property right or any other proprietary right;
- upload any contents containing a virus, so-called Trojan Horse, or any other program that could damage data;
- transmit, store or upload hyperlinks or contents to which the User is not entitled, in particular in cases where such hyperlinks or contents are in breach of confidentiality obligations or unlawful; or
- distribute advertising or unsolicited e-mails (so-called "spam") or inaccurate warnings of viruses, defects or similar material and the User shall not solicit or request the participation in any lottery, snowball system, chain letter, pyramid game or similar activity.
The Siemens Web Site may contain hyperlinks to the web pages of third parties. Siemens shall have no liability for the contents of such web pages and does not make representations about or endorse such web pages or their contents as its own, as Siemens does not control the information on such web pages and is not responsible for the contents and information given thereon. The use of such web pages shall be at the sole risk of the User.
8. Liability for defects of title or quality
- 8.1. (a) Siemens make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of this Siemens Web Site’s content. Except as specifically provided in this Agreement, this Siemens Web Site and its content therein, are provided to User “as is”. Siemens make no other representation or warranty, either express or implied. Siemens do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, performance, currency, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose of this Siemens Web Site or the content it contains or the method of delivering that information to User. Insofar as any software, images, documentation and/or all other information is made available at no cost, any liability for defects as to quality or title of the software, images, documentation, and all other information, especially in relation to the correctness or absence of defects or the absence of claims, or third party rights or in relation to completeness and/or fitness for purpose, are excluded. Siemens disclaims all responsibility for any loss or claim of any kind resulting from, arising out of, or any way related to (a) errors in or omissions in this Siemens Web Site, including technical inaccuracies and typographical errors, (b) any third party web sites or content therein directly or indirectly accessed through links in any of this Siemens Web Site’s content, (c) the unavailability of this Siemens Web Site, (d) any use of this Siemens Web Site or any content contained therein, (e) any use of any equipment or software in connection with this Siemens Web Site, or (f) any reliance on the information contained in this Siemens Web Site, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall Siemens, or its or their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, or representatives, be liable to User or any other person for any special, indirect, incidental, exemplary, punitive, or consequential damages or loss of goodwill in any way arising from or relating to the use of or inability to use this Siemens Web Site, even if Siemens has been notified of the possibility of such damages. In no event may User bring any claim or cause of action against Siemens more than one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arises.
- 8.2. The information on this Siemens Web Site may contain specifications or general descriptions related to the technical possibilities of individual products which may not be available in certain cases (e.g. due to product changes). The required performance of the product shall therefore be mutually agreed in each case at the time of purchase.
9. Other Liability, Viruses
- 9.2. Although Siemens makes every endeavor to keep this Siemens Web Site free from viruses, Siemens cannot make any guarantee that it is virus-free. The User shall, for its own protection, take the necessary steps to ensure appropriate security measures and shall utilize a virus scanner before downloading any information, software or documentation.
- 9.3. §§ 9.1 and 9.2 do not intend nor imply any changes to the burden of proof to the User's disadvantage.
10. Export Controls
- 10.1. These commodities, technology, or software were exported from the United States in accordance with the Export Administration Regulations. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. Any export or transfer of Siemens technology or software that is not publically available may require prior US government authorization. Any diversion or unauthorized use by the User of any Siemens export regulated technology or software contrary to US law is strictly prohibited.
- 10.2. Unless specifically authorized by the appropriate government agency, the User agrees not to use the technology or software in prohibited uses or transfer to prohibited end-users as codified in 15 CFR, 31 CFR, 10 CFR and 22 CFR, including to any person or entity listed in the U.S. Denied Persons List, the U.S. Warning List, the U.S. Entity List or the U.S. Specially Designated National List
11. Data Privacy
12. Supplementary Agreements, Place of Jurisdiction, Applicable Law
- 12.1. Any supplementary agreement requires the written form.
- 12.3. The individual pages of this Siemens Web Site are operated and administered by Siemens Aktiengesellschaft and/or its affiliates. The pages comply with the law applicable in the country where the responsible company has its business residence. Siemens makes no representation that information, software and/or documentation on the Siemens Web Site are appropriate or available for viewing or downloading at locations outside such country. If Users access Siemens Web Site from outside such country, they are exclusively responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws. Access to Siemens Web Site's information, software, images, documentation, and/or other information from countries where such content is unlawful is prohibited. In this case and where User seeks to do business with Siemens, the User should contact the Siemens representative for the particular country for country specific business.
- 12.4 This Agreement, as it may be amended from time to time in the sole discretion of Siemens, and constitutes the entire agreement between User and Siemens, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous writings, discussions, agreements, and understandings of any kind, with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect. Any provision of this Agreement held invalid or unenforceable only in part or degree shall remain in full force and effect to the extent not held invalid or unenforceable.
Siemens issues digital certificates ("Certificates", also known as "Digital IDs") to its employees and agents, to its known business partners and to Siemens web sites in accordance with its „Siemens Issuing CA“.
Certification Authority ("CA") contact information
- Certificate Policy / Certification Practice Statement ´(CP/CPS)
- Limited warranty and disclaimer / Limitation of liability
- CA and Repository, licences, confidentiality and audit
- CA Certificates
- Certificate Revocation List (CRL)
- Certificate Test Site
- OCSP Service
- Public Certificate Repository
- Authentication with external Business Partners
- PGP Certificates
Certificate Policy / Certification Practice Statement (“CP/CPS”)
- Siemens CP (PDF)
- Siemens CPS Root CA (PDF)
- Siemens CPS Issuing CA (PDF)
- Siemens EE Policy (PDF)
- Siemens CA Hierachy Policy (PDF)
CA and repository, licenses, confidentiality and audit
The Siemens PKI is classified as critical IT infrastructure of the company and was audited and certified in accordance with ETSI TS 102042 V2.4.1.
Limited warranty and disclaimer / Limitation of liability
Included in Siemens Certifcate Policy (CP)
Siemens has made the Siemens CA(s) Certificates available for downloading. Please find an overview of the structure and different CA Certificates in Siemens PKI CA Hierarchy (PDF).
A special OCSP Responder is operated to provide an interface for a qualified validity check of certificates within the Siemens PKI. The OCSP responder return a signed response signifying that the certificate specified in the request is good, revoked, unknown or unauthorized. If it cannot process the request, it returns an error code. Requests for certificate which are not provided by one of the Siemens CA’s will by rejected as “unknown”.
The system can be accessed from Intranet and Internet via the URL
Certificate Revocation Lists
Siemens has made the Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL(s)) below for Certificates issued by the Siemens Issuing CA(s) available for downloading.
Download Certificate Revocation Lists
Certificate Test Site
The Siemens CA provides a certificate test site for all valid Issuing CAs under https://catestsite.siemens.com
Public Certificate Repository
Siemens operates a publicly accessible Certificate Repository. In the Certificate Repository the Certificates of the Siemens PKI are stored. The Certificate Repository is available on the Internet to enable the exchange of secure e-mails with Siemens.
The Certificate Repository offers an Online Search for Siemens certificates. To retrieve Certificates directly from the Certificate Repository, it must be set up and configured as LDAP directory in the respective e-mail encryption program.
- E-Mail-Encryption requirements (PDF)
- E-Mail-encryption with business partners (Guideline for Siemens Employees) (PDF)
- E-Mail-encryption with business partners (Guideline for business partners) (PDF)
Access Domain Name IP-Address Port Search Base
Siemens cl.siemens.com 220.127.116.11 389 o=trustcenter
Authentication with Siemens PKI
- PKI Smart Card Usage for Business-Partners Features and Requirements (PDF)
- Multipurpose Business Partner Certificates Guideline for the Business Partner (PDF)
PGP certificates in the Certificate Repository:
The Certificate Repository also contains the Siemens PGP certificates. It can be used with all PGP clients supporting LDAP.
European Bridge CA
Siemens is a member of the European Bridge CA.
The European Bridge CA operates a virtual Directory Service. Certificates of participants from different companies can be called up via this Directory Service. For this the LDAP-queries of the Bridge-CA are forwarded to the repositories of the connected organizations. Also the Siemens PKI Certificate Repository can be called up via this service.
The European Bridge CA offers an online search for certificates. Here also all Siemens certificates can be found if the correct mail-address is provided.
To use the Bridge-CA Repository it must be set up and configured as an LDAP directory the respective e-mail encryption program:
Access Domain Name IP-Address Port Search Base
EBCA dir.ebca.de 18.104.22.168 389 o=ebca