Boost your process quality
Seamlessly control all your horizontal and vertical processes – with SICEMENT Automation
Correctly functioning processes are vital to ensure the economical operation of plants in the cement industry. Expensive equipment standstills have to be avoided at all costs. To achieve this, absolute transparency is an important step – also for the way to higher productivity. That’s where CEMAT, the specifically for the cement industry developed integrated process control system from Siemens, comes into play. Offering excellent process automation and a solid base for digitalization, it plays a key role in all phases of cement production. To feed the system the information it needs, we also provide you with a comprehensive product range for accurate and highly reliable process instrumentation.
Intelligent process control with more than 40 years of experienceCEMAT based on SIMATIC PCS7, specifically designed for cement industry, has been well accepted and proven in the harsh environment over many years. Siemens has designed the CEMAT control system from their extensive know-how in the field of cement production, established together with global key cement manufacturers. CEMAT is based on mainstream process control system, SIMATIC PCS 7, which offers a unique open architecture for modern, future-proof and economic solutions for the cement industry.
Increasing performance – for a lifetime
CEMAT enables superior plant performance, both today and tomorrow. Thanks to a near real-time overview, you can easily control all processes – from the extraction and crushing of raw materials to packaging of the end products, from resource management to productivity control. You get compressed information – for example, about quality, production, and energy – that enables you to always make the best decision. With just a few mouse clicks, you have access to all relevant production data like status of running machines, fault and alarm, maintenance etc., in order to run the production in the most efficient way.
At the same time, CEMAT helps you improve process quality and energy efficiency – with facts-based recommendations for future modifications and modernizations. The system also detects faults before they can turn into cost-extensive problems.
Continuous innovation ensures that you always have a state-of-the-art system. If necessary, we also integrate existing system modules into any new configuration. Do you know any other system that is compatible with all previous versions, going back as far as 1976?
Good to know about …
Further benefits for plant operators
Plant operators also benefit from greater flexibility, convenience, future-proofing and wide-ranging compatibility with legacy installations.
- Decentralized I/O approach: Achieve highest flexibility through modularization of your plant.
- Freely-configurable I/O: Benefit from highly comfortable software wiring – late signal binding.
- Simple device integration: Plug-and-Produce instead of Trial-and-Error.
- Standardized solutions: Allows full cost control over the whole plant lifecycle.
- SIMATIC Compact Field Unit (CFU): Lay the cornerstone for digitalization at the field level.
Feature highlights of CEMAT V9.0
- CEMAT latest version V9.0 includes additional SPC features, new interlock modules, zoom function for faceplates and many more enhancements. Considerations for work in a virtual environment have been a strong focal area in the development for V9.0.
- With the new feature to cascade up to four SPC-Material Managers it is now possible, to define up to 96 materials.
- Furthermore the new Material Managers are able to communicate from PLC to PLC so that material assignment needs to be done only once, centrally, for the entire plant.
- New SPC-recipe module for data type "BOOL"
- The newly made symbols for all the SPC-recipe modules can be freely placed wherever required in any process picture so that recipe data is – without complicated engineering – visible wherever necessary.
- The new zoom function allows the operators to adjust the faceplate display from 50% to 200% of the original size.
- All modules have a new „Quitt-“output which can be used to pass on "hardwired" the operator's acknowledgement action, i.e. to an external device.
Measure your gainsIn the cement production, precise monitoring of production rates, accurate dosing and pinpoint measurement are vital for maximum productivity. Effective measurement and control increase availability, reduce waste, save time, and increase output. Siemens supplies a complete set of process instrumentation and control – designed to work seamlessly together.
Closely measure all output values during cement manufacture
The precise monitoring of production rates, accurate dosing, and pinpoint measurement are all vital for reliable cement production. With Siemens, you can be sure to measure accurately. Your benefits range from more stable kiln operation to higher efficiency in the burning process. By reducing air pollution and dangerous exhaust gases, you can also support the environmental compatibility of your cement operation.
With a broad range of products and solutions, Siemens innovative measuring equipment fulfils demands specific to cement processes. For process instrumentation, process analytics, weighing and dosing systems and production sensors – Siemens portfolio has a suitable measuring instrument for every stage of production throughout the cement process.
The instrumentation portfolio comprises …
SIPART PS2 positioners
The SIPART PS2 positioners work for both linear and rotary actuators. They can be used with even the smallest actuators and excels through their reduced installation overheads, simple functional expansion with low-cost option modules and their enhanced diagnostic functions. Simple connection and extremely user-friendly higher-level operation and monitoring are only a few examples from a very long list of innovations.