Using technology to bridge the skills gap

How are you using technology to transform your workforce?

With half the workforce in the chemical industry eligible for retirement in the next 10 years, the risk of not having access to the right level of skill is real. This is made all the more frightening when you consider that 80% of downtime and slowdowns are caused equally by human error and equipment sources. And, the remaining 20% are due to lack of compliance with established procedures.

Seamlessly transfer knowledge from the most experienced plant personnel to the next generation

Learn the best way to facilitate this knowledge transfer

Filling the gap

The future depends on knowledge

Between now and 2025, nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs are expected to be needed but 2 million of these jobs will likely go unfilled due to the skills gap. (Source: Deloitte study, “The Skills Gap in U.S. Manufacturing and Beyond.”). How will you maintain or increase production levels as the skills gap widens within your workforce?
Learn more about Siemens integrated chemical industry offerings.

Chemical Industry Solutions Portfolio



Virtual commissioning and operator training

We are here to help you achieve your goals

Maximum safety, efficiency, and productivity are essential for the profitable operation of chemical plants. We want to help you reach these goals in the global marketplace.

Let our experts answer your questions.

Contact us

Related content