Providing solutions to ensure bakeries and confectioneries run smoothly
From receiving raw ingredients to shipping the finished product, bakery and confectionary manufacturers require seamless, uninterrupted production process tools. In today’s market, the demand for product diversity is increasing while the expectation for quality foods has never been higher. Digitalization can help to create consistent and efficient automation from field level to ERP. When efficiency is high, production costs are low.Siemens offers an array of solutions to make production control smooth sailing from beginning to end. That is why a leading manufacturer of confections chose Siemens to upgrade its plant operating systems. Through a single-process controller and plant-wide data transparency, the company was able to increase process efficiency, support new growth, and allow local maintenance, implementation, and support. Read the case
The comprehensive approach to optimize the entire value chainThe Digital Enterprise enables manufacturing companies to streamline and digitalize their entire business process, seamlessly integrating suppliers into the mix. They can begin at any point of their value chain, from product design to service, and can extend digitalization gradually, depending on their current needs.
Industry Services for Bakery products and Confectionary
Siemens offers services that increase the availability and efficiency of Bakery and Confectionary plants. Various services improve the system transparency and help to detect defects on electrical and mechanical components before they occur. They help to reduce energy and maintenance costs - you can schedule maintenance at the right time within the production cycle.
Energy Analytics can tell you where and why you are wasting energy, as well as advice you on what measures you can take to reduce the energy consumption.
- Cloud-based service requires minimal amount of your own resources
- Data analytics and energy expert know-how provide insights on existing energy saving potentials
- Cost savings of up to 15% are possible by reducing energy consumption
Industrial Network Validation helps to find hidden network problems before bigger production ussues occur. Additionally you get transparency about the potential network availability and your network is future-proof for Industry 4.0 challenges.
- Detection of weak points in the design, installation and data communication of the network
- Disclosure of network communication reserves for future extensions
- Recommendations for optimizing the network and the connected components
Migration of “mature” long-serving Automation Systems will prolong the life of your machines and increase productivity at reasonable costs!
- Higher productivity and production output with fewer unplanned shutdowns
- Lower life cycle costs, e.g. maintenance and spare parts costs
- Fit for the future due to SIMATIC Products with Open system architecture and unified Interfaces
Industrial Security Services help to protect plants, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art industrial security concept.
- In-depth understanding of current security status
- List of proposed measures with budget estimation for realization
- Machines are hardened against unwanted changes
- Unwanted changes are stopped
- Logging & notification of change attempts in a central dashboard
Modern production requires fast support and professional trouble-shooting to reduce production losses and ensure high reliability and availability.
- Defined response and on-site time
- Increase of machine availability
- Reliable planning
- Asset reduction on stock and cost reduction
- Planning ability and cost transparency