Edible oils manufacturing
New solutions to increase efficiency in edible oils and agribusiness
Due to low margins, many agribusinesses face the challenge producing a high quality product while still lowering costs. Digitalization offers suitable answers: Simulation can save valuable time during commissioning. The analysis of operating and process data helps to optimize processes, plan maintenance measures, and make sound business decisions. Higher yields, improved energy efficiency, and the more frugal use of resources all help to reduce overall operating costs over the long term. Our powerful PCS 7 process automation system for edible oils and agribusiness has tools to optimize the process, including preventive maintenance, asset management, energy monitoring and edible oil/agribusiness specific engineering tools. This provides enhancing productivity and safety while saving energy efficiently. These solutions are tailored to work together, seamlessly linking components to deliver maximum efficiency, quality and security.
The comprehensive approach to optimize the entire value chainThe Digital Enterprise enables manufacturing companies to streamline and digitalize their entire business process, seamlessly integrating suppliers into the mix. They can begin at any point of their value chain, from product design to service, and can extend digitalization gradually, depending on their current needs.
The production process in detail
Process and quality parameters have to be continuously monitored in order to reliably produce high-quality edible oil. The formula and the manufacturing process are often complex. Our R&D Suite as well as a formula database support the tests and quality controls. Parallel to this, NX can be used to design the packaging. Virtual simulations ensure that the result looks good and can also be produced at a lower cost.
The second phase begins with digital production planning based on our integrated COMOS engineering tool. All the engineering data is consistently available on a central platform throughout the lifecycle of the plant. Plant components are then tested and further optimized using our Tecnomatix Plant Design software to maximize throughput and availability.
The production phase is the longest phase in the entire lifecycle of a plant. Most of the data is generated during this stage. This information is needed to ensure that the plant is always operated in the optimal range and to make the best business decisions. This requires the complete transparency and availability of this data across all corporate hierarchies. SIMATIC IT acts as a bridge to the actual production process, which is optimized continuously. This provides for the consistent exchange of data between the ERP system and production.
Specific apps based on MindSphere, the cloud-based open IoT operating system, can help to continuously improve production. This facilitates entirely new possibilities, such as predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance concepts that offer real added value through greater plant availability.
Industry Services for Edible Oils
Siemens offers services that increase the availability and efficiency of Edible Oils plants. Various services improve the system transparency and help to detect defects on electrical and mechanical components before they occur. They help to reduce energy and maintenance costs - you can schedule maintenance at the right time within the production cycle.
Energy Analytics can tell you where and why you are wasting energy, as well as advice you on what measures you can take to reduce the energy consumption.
- Cloud-based service requires minimal amount of your own resources
- Data analytics and energy expert know-how provide insights on existing energy saving potentials
- Cost savings of up to 15% are possible by reducing energy consumption
Industrial Network Validation helps to find hidden network problems before bigger production ussues occur. Additionally you get transparency about the potential network availability and your network is future-proof for Industry 4.0 challenges.
- Detection of weak points in the design, installation and data communication of the network
- Disclosure of network communication reserves for future extensions
- Recommendations for optimizing the network and the connected components
Migration of “mature” long-serving Automation Systems will prolong the life of your machines and increase productivity at reasonable costs!
- Higher productivity and production output with fewer unplanned shutdowns
- Lower life cycle costs, e.g. maintenance and spare parts costs
- Fit for the future due to SIMATIC Products with Open system architecture and unified Interfaces
Industrial Security Services help to protect plants, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art industrial security concept.
- In-depth understanding of current security status
- List of proposed measures with budget estimation for realization
- Machines are hardened against unwanted changes
- Unwanted changes are stopped
- Logging & notification of change attempts in a central dashboard
Reduced production losses, high availability and reliability as well as fast support and professional trouble-shooting are required by modern production.
- Defined response and on-site time
- Increase of machine availability
- Reliable planning
- Asset reduction on stock and cost reduction
- Planning ability and cost transparency