Siemens Process Control: APACS+ and QUADLOG Product Lifecycle
APACS+ Lifecycle Management - Modernization strategies when you are ready
With almost three decades of being your reliable solution provider, we understand your process needs and the support you have grown accustomed to. Let Siemens continue to support your APACS+ and QUADLOG systems and help you modernize to your next DCS to support you in the future
APACS+ and QUADLOG Documents and Support
Support for APACS+ and QUADLOG is guaranteed through October 2020. Documentation is available upon request for manuals and configuration guides - click here for list of documentation. Please contact us for specific information on 4-mation, controllers, QUADLOG and networks. Request Documentation
For technical questions you can call us at 1-800-333-7421 or submit an online support request at the Service and Support Site.
Stock up your spare parts inventory while Siemens has QUADLOG and APACS+ modules available. Items are available for a limited time while supplies last. Contact your account manager or Inside Sales for details on pricing and availability.
APACS+ and QUADLOG Spare Parts
Extend the lifecycle of your installed system. We continue to offer newly manufactured spare APACS+ and QUADLOG parts from our factory. Our Inside Sales team can offer price and lead times. View our available inventory below by clicking on (+) to expand sections.
- UPH:39EAMCBN: Enhanced Analog Module
- UPH:39IDM1115ACCBN: Input Discrete Module
- UPH:39MBXNAN: Modulbus Expander Module
- UPH:39RTMCAN: Resistance Temperature Module
- UPH:39SAIAAN: Standard Analog Input Module
- UPH:39SAMCAN: Standard Analog Module
- UPH:39SDM024DCCBN: Standard Discrete Module -24V
- UPH:39SDM048DCCBN: Standard Discrete Module -48V
- UPH:39VIMCCN: Voltage Input Module
- UPH:39CMNNNAAN: Satellite Control Module
- UPH:39HFM2CBN: Module HART Fieldbus
- UPH:39ODM115ACCBN: Module Standard Discrete Output
It is important to be on a fully-supported and secure Windows OS. Upgrades to version 4.56 are now available. If you are interested in upgrading your current 4-mation software, request a quote. The available software packages are below.
- UPH:PS032011V70: APACS+ Control Engineering/Development Station V7.0 SP1 (4-mation V4.56, on Windows 7 and Windows 10 LTSB 2015)
- UPH:PS032303V70U: APACS+ V7.0 Control Update Kit (Update to 4-mation V4.56, on Windows 7 and Windows 10 LTSB 2015) APACS+ Controllers
- UPH:QLCDM048DCBAN: Critical Discrete Module 48V
- UPH:QLCDODCAAN: Critical Discrete Output Module
- UPH:QLEAMBBN: Module Enhanced Analog
- UPH:QLIDM115ACBBN: Input Discrete Module
- UPH:QLRTMBAN: Resistance Temperature Module
- UPH:QLSAMBAN: Standard Analog Module
- UPH:QLMBXNAN: Modulbus Expander Module
- UPH:QLODM115ACBBN: Module Standard Discrete Output
You can buy QUADLOG I/O modules that are identical to PROsafe I/O modules.
APACS+ / QUADLOG Industrial Ethernet module based on SIMATIC Box PC 627C; with MBI card, Ethernet RJ45 Onboard, operating system on Compact Flash, MBI Y-cable 16137-215; Function blocks for APACS+ / QUADLOG and PCS 7 AS on CD; Manual as PDF on CD; without USB Flash drive; Power supply: 120/230 V AC, shielded power supply cable 3 m with US plug; Software 3.0
Let Siemens be your modernization partner
Upgrade your control system network to improve system performance
APACS+ to Ethernet Networks - The Industrial Ethernet Module (IEM) provides an industrial gateway between your APACS+ MBUS control network and Ethernet. You can securely open your APACS+ network up to your workstation and servers as well as initiate peer-to-peer communication between APACS+ ACM and SIMATIC Controllers.
Modernize your HMI to improve system reliability and performance
Integrated single-vendor APACS+ HMI solutions
Modernize your Operator Station (OS) to Windows or a Virtualized OS architecture online without any interruption to production while still operating your existing legacy HMI system. The SIMATIC PCS 7 APACS+ OS HMI upgrade has helped users extend the life of their installed APACS+ while improving their experience.
- One vendor solution with optimized connectivity between 4-mation and the HMI
- Alarm management tools that meet ISA S18.02 standards while improving operator efficiencies
- Faster, personalized navigation that can help support plant operation
- Industrial cyber security compliance
- Windows, web clients, web UX or virtualized architecture
- OPC connectivity included
- Integrated process historian and reporting; integrated redundant synchronized historical data collection
- High-performance graphical techniques
Graphics migrations made easy
Our tool-based solution, created by our own Harleysville, PA team, can convert your APACS+ legacy graphics (e.g. ProcessSuite/Wonderware, APS) and load them onto the new SIMATIC PCS 7 OS for you. This increases your operator acceptance and lowers transition costs.
Expand and meet your new control needs with an integrated solution
Stepwise controller migration option: Integrated solution
SIMATIC PCS 7 configuration tools are included in the PCS 7 APACS+ OS software solution. PCS 7 and APACS+ controllers talk peer-to-peer and the operators see a common HMI interface, thus supporting a phased modernization.
Enhance your control system while leveraging your exiting APACS+ approach
APACS+ termination migration to SIMATIC IO
With APACS+ termination migration to SIMATIC IO an adapter mates directly to the IO cable end at the APACS+ rack. This preserves the existing cable and MTA or terminal blocks, allowing a field cutover in a matter of hours instead of weeks or months. This strategy supports upgrading to SIMATIC ET 200SP HA IO using a fully redundant PROFINET architecture with configuration in run. The ET 200SP HA full line of available IO modules supports redundant IO and comes conformally coated, supporting a temperature range of -40 °C to +70 °C. This solution fits into the existing APACS+ footprint without the need for new cabinets.
4-Mation code conversion tools
To take full advantage of the SIMATIC AS-410, the SIMATIC Standardization Studio captures and documents your 4-mation code, including soft list parameters. This saves time and money while reducing risk as you modernize to a SIMATIC DCS. The tool performs analysis of your 4-mation and provides an optimized fit into Control Module Types (CMT), which are flexible library tools to build your new configuration in either SIMATIC PCS 7 or SIMATIC PCS neo.
Are you using APACS+?
Schedule your migration evaluation today to learn how you could reduce production costs.