SIMOCODE pro: Motor Management and Control Devices
SIMOCODE pro has been managing constant-speed, low-voltage motors for 30 years. It provides comprehensive protective, monitoring, and control functions. Enjoy the benefits of detailed operating, servicing, and diagnostics data – also for fail-safe disconnection of motors. Communication via PROFIBUS, PROFINET / PROFIsafe, Modbus RTU, and EtherNet/IP and OPC UA – which also lets you take advantage of the cloud.
Application examples, case studies and references
SIMOCODE pro – Synonymous with Motor Management (TM)For 30 years, SIMOCODE, Siemens' intelligent motor management system, has been a leader in controlling and monitoring low-voltage, constant-speed motors all over the world. SIMOCODE’s control, protection and monitoring capabilities, via various communication protocols, including web server and OPC server, can now give you more data in more ways than ever before.
Powerful solutions for all areas of the process industryWherever motors keep things running in the process industries, SIMOCODE is at the technological forefront. Market requirements are increasing. Solutions that provide greater transparency of measured data, reliable residual current monitoring, more flexible applications, space requirements, and system redundancy are in high demand.
Your advantages at a glance
- Minimized downtime with less maintenance work
- Energy and cost savings over the entire plant life cycle
- Simple use
- Scalable solutions
- A choice of networked or autonomous configuration
Easy and fast
With SIMOCODE ES, you benefit from numerous advantages, including convenient parameterization in the device view, graphical commissioning via drag & drop, and online representation of signal states using straightforward measuring curves for diagnostic purposes.
Easy and standardized
The PCS 7 SIMOCODE library enables simple and easy integration of SIMOCODE pro into the SIMATIC PCS 7 process control system. The PCS 7 library contains standardized motor blocks and faceplates for controlling or operating and monitoring the motor. For the plant-wide device parameter setting and diagnostics, SIMOCODE pro is also integrated into SIMATIC PDM (Process Device Manager). This means that a standard, unified tool is embedded in the process control system for intelligent field devices such as SIMOCODE pro.
Advantages at a glance
- Consistent, uniform integration in SIMATIC PCS 7
- Standardized blocks for easy integration and optimized operation
- Easy-to-integrate safety technology thanks to SIMOCODE pro Safety
- Greater process transparency due to enhanced information density in the process control system
Easy and future-proof
Configuration and commissioning of SIMOCODE pro can also be realized in the TIA Portal without additional software.
As device configuration forms part of STEP 7, each individually-created configuration is loaded into the PLC and automatically transferred to the SIMOCODE pro devices connected via PROFIBUS/PROFINET.
Advantages at a glance
- Very simple operation; SIMOCODE pro configured without the need for additional tools
- Fast, simple integration in SIMATIC through shared data management and a uniform user interface
- The TIA Portal is designed so that all future software developments to do with SIMOCODE pro can be seamlessly integrated