SIMATIC RF300, the powerful HF RFID system
Powerful for the highest demands
SIMATIC RF300 makes production control, tracking & tracing, and asset management much more efficient. It meets the highest demands in terms of speed, data volume, and diagnostic functionality.
The high-performance SIMATIC RF300 RFID systemAs a leading provider of industrial identification systems, we’re constantly refining our systems for RFID. What is particularly important to us in terms of further development: compatibility with our existing portfolio – like we’ve done with the second generation of readers in our proven SIMATIC RF300 RFID system.
Our SIMATIC RF300 RFID system covers all requirements in terms of performance, range, and frequency range.
- Identification tasks for material flow control in industrial production
- Track-guided conveyor systems in machine construction
- Main and auxiliary assembly lines in the automotive and electric appliances industries
- Painting lines in the automotive industry
- Electric monorail systems
SIMATIC RF300 Gen2 HF RFID at work
Identification tasks for material flow control of assembly and production lines, as well as conveyor systems, can benefit from the extremely fast read/write speeds of 13.56 MHz RFID technology, enough that upgrades to older RFID systems should be considered. A major truck transmission plant upgraded its RFID system to turn its operation around.
- Convenient set-up assistance for determining the optimal antenna position, especially in metal environments
- Optimized robustness against HF interference
- RGB LED light controllers for easy diagnostic visualization
- Only a reader and transponder exchange are needed to migrate from the legacy system MOBY I
- Additional transponder protocol for easy expansion/migration from MOBY E systems
- Automatic recognition of every type of tag
SIMATIC RF300 level up: Reading accuracy for the material flows of tomorrowWith SIMATIC RF300, we’re offering a high-performance RFID system that meets the highest demands for speed, data volume, and diagnostics functionality that has proven itself daily in countless applications worldwide.
Even more reliable, even more efficient
The SIMATIC RF300 RFID system covers a broad spectrum of performance, read/write range, and frequency-range requirements. You can rely on the end-to-end data transparency of these systems – a basic prerequisite for the seamless control and systematic optimization of your material flows.
SIMATIC RF300: Compatible in every way
Die SIMATIC RF300 Reader sind voll kompatibel zur bestehenden Produktfamilie – mechanisch, elektrisch und hinsichtlich der Systemintegration. Sie bieten neben allen Qualitäten ihrer bewährten Vorgänger viele wegweisende Features und Funktionen.
SIMATIC RF300: Benefits and Details
- Robust, compact components featuring a high degree of protection (up to IP 68)
- Versions with explosion certification for applications in areas subject to explosion hazards
- Interference-proof data communication with high data security
- Maintenance-free tags with up to 64 KB memory with additional one-time programmable data area (OTP) up to 20 bytes; it’s also an option to use low-cost ISO 15693 tags
- Very fast data transmission between reader/writer and tag (up to 8,000 B/s)
- Comprehensive status and diagnostics functions
- Easy integration with SIMATIC, PROFIBUS, PROFINET, TCP/IP, and EtherNet/IP
Depending on performance demands, the identification system is available in two system variants:
- Standard and universally applied ISO 15693 tags for simple or more demanding tasks
- Only for SIMATIC RF300 compatible high-performance tags with very high reading speed and large memory
SIMATIC RF300: Technical data
SIMATIC RF300: For the highest demandsCustom solutions for all applications and a powerful system to meet the highest demands in terms of speed, data volume, and diagnostic functionality. SIMATIC RF300 ensures maximum efficiency in production control, tracking and tracing, and asset management. With its high-speed data acquisition, it enables reduced cycle time and increased productivity.
SIMATIC RF300: The top choice for many applicationsFiercer competition, stricter standards and statutory regulations, shorter product lifecycles, and increasingly specific customer demands: Today’s markets demand efficiency and transparency. The optimal solution to these needs is our innovative RFID system SIMATIC RF300, which is proving itself daily in countless applications worldwide.
Flexible manufacturing with a selection of production steps
The engine blocks secured on the workpiece holders are transported by a conveyor belt to the various workstations. The SIMATIC RF340T or 350T transponder is affixed to the underside of the pallet. The SIMATIC RF310R or RF340R reader is integrated in the conveyor system in a way that enables interference-free communication with the transponders. If pallets aren’t used in the production line, a screw transponder (for example, MDS D428) mounted directly on the engine can be used. In this case, the reader is mounted to the side of the conveyor belt. The data on the entire production order are stored on the transponder. These data are read at each individual workstation, modified or supplemented depending on the specific station, and then re-saved to the transponder. This allows the status of the engine manufacturing process to be determined at any point in time, even if communication with the superordinate database is interrupted.
- Short cycle time for individual work steps, thanks to the very high data rate that enables a significantly higher volume of product throughput
- No additional data management needed to control the production workflow
- Production order data is also readable by SIMATIC RF350M mobile handheld readers for maintenance purposes
Identify skids and car bodies in the paintshop
In industrial paint shops, the unambiguous identification of car bodies is essential to order-specific color selection and application. Aggressive chemicals and drying processes at temperatures of up to +220° Celsius place a very high demand on transponders in terms of their protection rating as well as chemical and temperature resistance. What’s more, all components must be 100 % free of paint-wetting impairment substances (like silicone). The SIMATIC RF380T tag fulfills all these requirements and can be exposed to a temperature of 220° Celsius for up to two hours. It’s usually mounted on a crossbar on the skid and is readable and writable at a distance of up to 150 mm by the SIMATIC RF380R reader mounted below. The SIMATIC RF350M mobile handheld reader allows processing of transponders from any location.
- Fast and reliable identification
- Reliable identification even in fast, dynamic operating environments and processing of data at data transmission rates of up to 8,000 B/s
- Memory capacity up to 32 KB for complete data retention directly on the skid/workpiece
- Proven design concept used in countless paint shops worldwide
Store all important manufacturing and quality data from production. Data are read and written dynamically.
Every holder is marked with a SIMATIC RF360T tag that contains up to 8 KB of production and quality data (including part number and measured values). The data can be read and, where appropriate, modified at any time by a reader like the SIMATIC RF380R.
SIMATIC RF300 offers reliable, automatic, and fast identification.
- Possibility of distributed data storage
- High-speed RFID data transmission
- Dynamic reading and writing (without stopping the conveyor system)